Wanted - Otis Lee - Hard Row To Hoe - Quaint

Stompingsevens

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

I'm sure I remember an interview with john anderson where he says he brought over a lot of this in the 70s / early 80s - 100 or more - and sold most to scandinavia!

If not, that's a weird fucking dream.

One of the best but been hammered now anyway, strictly for the catch-up crew. I was years late getting this, and that was 10 years ago

Social source share

I'm sure I remember an interview with john anderson where he says he brought over a lot of this in the 70s / early 80s - 100 or more - and sold most to scandinavia!If not, that's a weird fucking dream.One of the best but been hammered now anyway, strictly for the catch-up crew. I was years late getting this, and that was 10 years ago

quantity on records: ask two dealers and you will get three opinions LOL but yes, about ten/twelve years ago this was enjoying some massive revival spins. maybe its now time for a revival-revival ;)

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I seemed to remember Carl Fortnum and Gary spencer were the one's who found some around 25 years back , was a big tune for Carl covered up for a while as I remember sure it was just the 50 copy's .

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I seemed to remember Carl Fortnum and Gary spencer were the one's who found some around 25 years back , was a big tune for Carl covered up for a while as I remember sure it was just the 50 copy's .

My copy was Ricks old copy who works at Anglo sure he said he'd had it from soul bowl years earlier I've had mine 25 years so add another ten years for soul bowls find.

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Soul Bowl had a load in the 80s 50 quid each

Thats where mine and a few  of the London lot got theirs from

Al H

Edited by CapitolSC
Social source share

They had the very early copies, I'm sure Carl said he got his from John Anderson (I could be wrong) I heard Gary Spencer play it at The Fleet All-nighter, which influenced me to get a copy. It cost me £70.00, plus 'Joanie Sommers - Don't Pity Me'. I remember ringing Pat Brady up to double check if it was a fair deal :wink:

Still a great haunting record which I never tire of hearing.

Len :thumbsup: 

Edited by LEN
Social source share