Bettye Swann And Dee Dee Warwick Lp

Greety

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Bettye Swann 45 is pretty rare and I think there is a long queue Dave - only ever seen 2 on ebay.

It didn’t turn up that often, but when it did it always sold for a pittance as I suppose it was “under the radar” compared to Kiss My Love Goodbye. It seems to have got more interest when an extended remix surfaced on Mixcloud (or whatever it was...) and then it was included on that Tom Moulton extended Remix CD set.  Also came out on Jamaican Atlantic too.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

You see 100 copies of "Kiss my ass goodbye" for one of these John, but didn't know it was on Ja. release as well….

Much to my horror I've discovered I only have a demo copy of the other side……gggrrrrrr!!!! My Bettye Swann collection is incomplete  :(

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Bettye Swann 45 is pretty rare and I think there is a long queue Dave - only ever seen 2 on ebay.

I had two at one time - traded my spare with Mike Charlton - on the grounds that I got my first copy from him (after he played it at Soul Essence a good few years back) to complete my Bettye Atlantic singles.

I always thought it could go big and it seems the recent extended Tom Moulton thing has re-activated interest in it.

So nice to have her Atlantic stuff finally available on CD with those superb bonus tracks.

Mike

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I first heard the Bettye Swann side courtesy of Mike Charlton at Yarmouth some years back - only having the promo at that time, I couldn't believe that side never got much interest.

Picking one up shortly after for around a fiver, a great track indeed. I didn't realise it wasn't more well known by now.

Thinking about it... My copy (US) came from Australia, not America, is that some sort of a sign as to where they all went I wonder?

Social source share