Heaven (Soul Heaven) Does It Exist...?

Soulcool

Peter99, Cleethorpes a great day out, the Clifton Hall Rotherham I enjoyed my times there, I was even there when the Preston Street Dancers made and appearance, or was it just me?? I wonder if anyone else remembers them, they took the floor, Keep On.

Yep Preston Street Dancers were pretty well known.

There's a good thread all about Clifton Hall on the site - I'll have a look for it later.

Peter

:wink:

Social source share

It starts the first time i hear a new tune, or someone live in concert for the first time and builds to soul heaven when the reaction is the same the umpteeth time.  This could be experienced sitting alone, when a blind buy worked out in the middle of a heaving club or even in a small half empty one.  

I could, once, also experience emotional heaven spinning around a heaving dance floor to an average piece of soul, to me that is not soulful heaven.

Social source share

Gladys Knight circa 72 Odeon Cinema Manchester, you could cut the atmosphere with the proverbial before she came on, I swear the roof lifted at the opening of Just Walk in my shoes, Heaven came later stood before Gladys as she signed my programme, hangs to this day framed on my bedroom wall.

Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

Soul Heaven, it's the walk in, thumb hooked through the strap of your 'Nighter bag, buzzing nicely. looking good, the night is young, 8 hours to go,... an eternity !

Soul Hell, it's the walk out, looking like a whipped dog, cracking-up, daybreak coming through the windows, a cold draught from outside, a week to go, an eternity !

Social source share

You know summat - Soul heaven doesn't have to be on the floor or at a gig.

I was driving under Tinsley Viaduct (don't ask!) - pissing rain, howling wind, when You Just Don't know by The Broadways came on the iPod.

Suddenly nothing else matters - crap day at work? leaky roof? car running on 3 cylinders? - so what.

SOUL HEAVEN!!!!!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

For me being a relative newcomer going to stoke for the first time late nineties. Getting there about 11 o'clock walking through the double doors and wallop! Atmosphere attitude the lot.quote intimidating for a newcomer but very exciting. You used to be able to smoke in there back then I must have smoked 20 fags and got through 4 packets of chewing gum. Still get a little twinge every time I go through those doors ;-)

Social source share

I echo Soustu's words. Very often it's at home, when you're listening to stuff on random mode (?) on the Ipod. You might be listening to Tom Waits or whoever then suddenly those opening piano chords of Sweet Lover by Fortson & Scott hit you and move you close to tears. This music never fails to grab you emotionally...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!