Wanted: Pharrell Williams "happy" 7"

Cover-up

Now, there must be some hapless soul out there who bought this when it was $3.99 thinking it was about to big on the soul scene. And then saw the utter derision it was being met with, as everyone complained loudly "it's just a pop song, it's got nothing to do with northern soul, if you played this at a soul venue, you'd get tarred and feathered..."

Well, this is where I'm stepping in and can help you out of your predicament. I'm actively looking for this piece of commercial drivel to play in a discotheque environment (not a soul club, don't worry...) and will happily pay you the cost of a decent northern soul single for your trouble. I'm talking, of course, about the yellow vinyl 45 release and not the cd single...

Joking aside, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I'm sure the price on this will settle down over the next few weeks and months, but (like everyone else) I'd quite like one now. For a "sensible" price. TA, like...

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Now, there must be some hapless soul out there who bought this when it was $3.99 thinking it was about to big on the soul scene. And then saw the utter derision it was being met with, as everyone complained loudly "it's just a pop song, it's got nothing to do with northern soul, if you played this at a soul venue, you'd get tarred and feathered..."

Well, this is where I'm stepping in and can help you out of your predicament. I'm actively looking for this piece of commercial drivel to play in a discotheque environment (not a soul club, don't worry...) and will happily pay you the cost of a decent northern soul single for your trouble. I'm talking, of course, about the yellow vinyl 45 release and not the cd single...

Joking aside, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I'm sure the price on this will settle down over the next few weeks and months, but (like everyone else) I'd quite like one now. For a "sensible" price. TA, like...

Not my cup of tea but there are some on Discogs. Don't know anything about the record really but is seems expensive.

https://www.discogs.com/marketplace?release_id=5264552&ev=rb

Peter

Social source share

Not my cup of tea but there are some on Discogs. Don't know anything about the record really but is seems expensive.

https://www.discogs.com/marketplace?release_id=5264552&ev=rb

Peter

Thanks for the link Peter, yes I've seen the copies on Discogs but... £120 for the cheapest one? Madness.

Copies on eBay seem to be selling for £60/70+ but if someone on here has one and can't be bothered with eBay and PayPal fees, geez a shout...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Forgetting the "soul scene" as such, it's a great feel good song.

They went like hot-cakes, and I was extremely lucky to be in the right place at right time.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Mark R

think i was in the same place Mark, hehe

cover up, if your not precious about the original though, there are copies to be had, if you look in the right places. just saying like

Social source share

think i was in the same place Mark, hehe

cover up, if your not precious about the original though, there are copies to be had, if you look in the right places. just saying like

I see it's been booted, with Velvet  Hammer on the other side. But can't see anywhere just stocking it, even THAT's getting auctioned on eBay. Any pointers?

Social source share

Source Advert