12" Sean Oliver..you & Me, Magic, Driftin' Funny Love

Soulie80

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Hi,

Can you confirm this 12" has "Driftin' " & "Funny Love on the B side?

The Canadian 12" has "Driftin' " & "Can I flow" on the B side.

If this is correct, is there any chance of a label scan to confirm this?

There seems to be some confusion as to this existing...

Cheers!

Mine has Driftin, Funny Love, on the B side the only reference to England is it says the label is printed in England. The only reference to Canada is a red maple leaf in the Boomtag logo on the cover, If that's any help

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Hi,

Can you confirm this 12" has "Driftin' " & "Funny Love on the B side?

The Canadian 12" has "Driftin' " & "Can I flow" on the B side.

If this is correct, is there any chance of a label scan to confirm this?

There seems to be some confusion as to this existing...

Cheers!

Hello John..... I'm pretty sure that the 12" release of this only happened due to pressure from the UK modern scene of the time. I'm pretty sure it was exclusively distributed and pressed for the UK by Boomtang for Bill Shannon who ran Timewarp Distribution over here......

Best, Ivor

Social source share

Hello John..... I'm pretty sure that the 12" release of this only happened due to pressure from the UK modern scene of the time. I'm pretty sure it was exclusively distributed and pressed for the UK by Boomtang for Bill Shannon who ran Timewarp Distribution over here......

Best, Ivor

Cheers Ivor, actually, my copy came direct from Canada so there was no UK involvement there, unless they saved some to sell over there also. Neither does it mention 'Printed in England' anywhere.

Anyway, if you've seen the other comments on another thread, you'll probably understand the query. I don't want to spread this out over two different threads as it gets too confusing. Specially as one is a sales an the other a want  :yes:

Maybe one of the moderator types can put all the relevant comments in one thread under its own heading - for future reference?

Social source share

Thanks for that Bob, if you've read the rest of this on the 'wants' thread you might understand the confusion better.

Just to add to the bit about where it was printed, on my copy it clearly states (on the record label) that it was printed in Canada.

The sleeve doesn't state any country at all.

So it appears that there were two different presses of the 12", one saying printed in Canada which lists "Can I flow" on side two, which it turns out is actually "Funny love"

Then there's the one I'm asking about, which lists the track as "Funny love" and - I hope, actually plays that track! :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!