Del-Larks/mel Britt

Algsoul

Guest normokeh

both look abit dodgey

i have had lot of rare records from John ' his grading is always spot on and probably the most honest dealer i have known .

Social source share

paul 

have closed your account

as its  just one "dodgy"  post/joke too much

if you do wish to use this site then sign up under your real name and use the site as per terms of use

regards

mike

Blimey I thought Wigan Bob was Wigan Bob. Dunno why but I fell quite cheated now. Paul?

Back on track 2 nice records.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

im assuming that 'wigan bob' has said many insulting to the bone remarks over the four years he has been registered? i didnt realise you can be thrown off here for saying what you think,im a little concerned because this particular statement 'both look a bit dodgy' it is possible he doesnt know who the seller is,and both them records have been booted to look identical to the originals,especially the mel britt....just seems a bit harsh to throw him off,ive certainly seen the words 'looks a bit dodgy' many times on here regarding dubious looking records,and to be fair,it sometimes helps the less knowlageble!

i do hope this staement isnt gonna see me with an eviction notice...haha

Nowt new for bob [paul] to talk thru his arse,just to get a reaction.

Social source share

im assuming that 'wigan bob' has said many insulting to the bone remarks over the four years he has been registered? i didnt realise you can be thrown off here for saying what you think,im a little concerned because this particular statement 'both look a bit dodgy' it is possible he doesnt know who the seller is,and both them records have been booted to look identical to the originals,especially the mel britt....just seems a bit harsh to throw him off,ive certainly seen the words 'looks a bit dodgy' many times on here regarding dubious looking records,and to be fair,it sometimes helps the less knowlageble!

best post it in the support/feedback forum

as said many times if you want to discuss moderation then thats the best place

all you are doing here by posting your concerns on the actual thread  is taking the thread even further off topic

post your concerns here and will answer

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forum/41-support-forum/

cheers

mike

as per above will remove all the posts reference moderation later on

Edited by mike
Social source share

Dobber - John would not even contemplate selling bootlegged Northern Soul records. John is a top dealer and his livelihood and reputation depend upon flawless transactions. Members should think carefully before posting unfunny comments that could have damaging consequences. Maybe Wigan Bob should sharpen his wit on eBay and the dozens of bootleg sellers it ignores...

Edited by FRANKIE CROCKER
Social source share

Although knowledgeable and respected John T is, it was him who said there's no money in soul records many moons ago, of course he's quickly recognised his mistake and supplies some of the finest 45s, the two mentioned above being prime examples of the quality he brings to the market.

Mel Britt I would not be surprised to see it over £2K and Del Larks over £6K imho to answer the question

Cheers Darren

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Yes Chalky I was trying to be diplomatic but you put it very succinctly, that said I got great stuff from him in the 80s.

Darren

It's the Yorkshire blood, straight to the point.  Don't doubt his product but he soon changed tack when he knew there was money to be made out of the Brits.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Del-Larks.......in that condition it will top 5 grand easy. Mel Britt is about right for the condition but you never know these days, there are some dafties about as we`ve seen with Buddy Ace, Constellations etc.

Social source share

Wow ! wonder what he paid for them ? Good for him, have put them on "watching"....................

Social source share

Del Larks could reach 7K and Mel Britt 2K. The condition of the Del Larks is perfect - has been rated a 5 grand record for years. Mel Britt always seems to fetch a four figure sum but records of this stature are in such short supply that even an Excellent copy could go beyond Price Guide levels.

it wouldn't surprise me  if the price goes even dafter given the 3 people that for reasons better known to themselves keep bumping the price up with loads of time left , very strange 

Social source share

it wouldn't surprise me  if the price goes even dafter given the 3 people that for reasons better known to themselves keep bumping the price up with loads of time left , very strange

Three bidders with zero feedback (in other words new accounts/no transactions so far) are amongst them bidder id's that have bidded this item up. strange.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Three bidders with zero feedback (in other words new accounts/no transactions so far) are amongst them bidder id's that have bidded this item up. strange.

Good luck Stanley. The bidding for both records looks very open with a noticeable lack of Red Star bidders with four figure ratings. Maybe these guys are going to step in at the last moment, but at present, the records look like they're going to younger collectors.

Social source share

i just like to flush em out and get to real deal, thats how i got the springers.but  so i don,t BUMP IT UP ANYMORE anyone want to sell me their mint- copy before i make my final offer,get back asap before sunday night

Edited by stanley
Social source share

i just like to flush em out and get to real deal, thats how i got the springers.but  so i don,t BUMP IT UP ANYMORE anyone want to sell me their mint- copy before i make my final offer,get back asap before sunday night

Way to go Stan, the seek and destroy mentality works just as well for shoes on the High Street and top-shelf records...

Social source share

del larks is rare due to the amount pressed up..............had a chance of a demo....once umm

John Manship had a black DJ copy for sale at Cleethorpes over 10 years ago, presumably the one featured in the Million Dollars of Rare Soul book. It was the most coveted record for sale that weekend priced at 3K or thereabouts - remember Greg Tormo drooling over it. In those days, the rarest records were hung on the wall in transparent wallets but they kept falling down.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!