Value Jesse James - Love Affair - Promo

macca

I just acquired for what seems like a good deal (40 quid) a promo, same song both sides, stereo/mono, of the above. JM only lists the stock copy, and for a 100 quid. What sort of value are we talking for a mintish dj copy, please?

Edited by macca
Social source share

Guest trickbag

Ships to:
Worldwide

Import charges:
(amount confirmed at checkout) To be provided at checkout  help icon for Shipping - opens a layer
This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program terms and conditions

Delivery:
Estimated Delivery within 6-14 business days
Seller ships within 1 day after receiving cleared payment.  help icon for Estimated delivery date - opens a layer
Estimated delivery dates [newWindowTxt] include seller's handling time, and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment[newWindowTxt]. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods.
Please allow additional time if international delivery is subject to customs processing.
FREE SHIPPING

Ships to:
Worldwide
Details about  JESSE JAMES If You Want A Love Affair 45 Northern Soul PROMO JESSE JAMES If You Want A Love Affair 45 Northern Soul PROMO See original listing
imgLoading_30x30.gif$(KGrHqRHJFEFDMhP-u4DBQ7)ZjIO1g~~60_35.J
imgSoldCvi_96x96.pngPhotos not available for this variation

Item condition:
Used

Ended:
Feb 07, 2014 02:07:12 PST

Price:
US $65.00

No additional import charges at delivery!
This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. Learn more

aboutme-small.gif

Record:   Near Mint  
sold last week
38.92 GBP.

ricky.
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I paid £45 for my issue a few years ago. It's a brilliant tune and worth every penny.

Dave

Especially as with the issue you get the superb "I Never Meant To Love Her" on the flip

Social source share

Was at Gary smelts in the 90's and he had a 150 count box of mint Unplayed promos at £5 each..i only took one for myself.....am I daft or what

I sended him that box of 175 copies of the promo way back then and agreed to be paid with small round flat black pieces of plastic. Got very few things and then he vanished. So I'd love to hear from the man. I heard later that Tim Brown bought a lot or all his backstock. I was told that I wasn't the only one in such a situation with Gary !

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Always thought people must be mad to prefer those awful mono/stereo demos over an issue on these things and even pay a premium!  

Love Etta's previous unreleased take on 'I Never Meant...' too....

Mike, was previously unaware of Etta's take until John Reed put it up on the Tube a few years back. Blew me away then and still does.

Possibly a hundred reasons why any particular track remains unreleased but I always thought for this particular example it was a major crime.

Sure is a wonderful, wonderful recording.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

I must have dropped lucky then, I picked up my issue copy from someone at The Canal Tavern in Thorne, late 80's or possibly early 90's (?) during the Rod Dearlove period there, I can't recall who it was, but he had two copies both issues at a fiver each. I got a bit of a sweat on though when Arthur Fenn picked one of them up just before me, I thought he was going to have both of them!

Later he commented to me about it being a bargain  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!