newer

The Paragons - The Tide Is High

I picked up a great compilation yesterday and am just listening to the Paragons version of The Tide Is High. I don't think I have ever heard a Reggae track where a violin is so prominent in the song?

It is a great comp with tracks by The Techniques, The Paragons, The Three Tops (new one on me), The Jamaicans, The Sensations, The Melodians, Alton and the Flames.

Always reminds me of the time I was watching TV and an interview with 'Atomic Kitten', the interviewer said... "you're in the charts with an old 'Blondie' record..."

... I could have smashed the TV into a thousand pieces!!!!! 

I picked up a great compilation yesterday and am just listening to the Paragons version of The Tide Is High. I don't think I have ever heard a Reggae track where a violin is so prominent in the song?

It is a great comp with tracks by The Techniques, The Paragons, The Three Tops (new one on me), The Jamaicans, The Sensations, The Melodians, Alton and the Flames.

You've hit the jackpot there mate, nothing like a Treasure Isle compilation.

The Three Tops had several Jamaican hits, It's Raining is the most famous, they did a version of Chuck Jackson's Good Things Come To Those Who Wait in a rocksteady style.

Alton Ellis is the greatest Jamaican singer of all time.  I have over 100 tracks by this man.

Duke Reid's Treasure Isle productions are some of the most classic of all 1960s Rock Steady and Reggae- he also produced a lot of classic ska! John Holt the leader of the Paragons is my favourite Jamaican singer

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.