All prices exclude postage, Please paypal as gift, Bank transfers fine also

please pm intrest

Records graded using ss system

Thanks for looking

Charlie

Edited by charliew
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Charlie, don't you think condition of the record is important ???

. Yes i do :) but its my choice not to grade and offer full refund if not happy etc at pm stage. If folk arent sure and need gradings next to records which can vary wildly then they just dont respond to your sales, it,s a byers market imho not a sellers.

regards Charlie 

Sorry folks loaded with the flu and didnt seem to express what i was trying to say very well, Records now graded

Edited by charliew
Social source share

. Yes i do :) but its my choice not to grade and offer full refund if not happy etc at pm stage. If folk arent sure and need gradings next to records which can vary wildly then they just dont respond to your sales, it,s a byers market imho not a sellers.

regards Charlie

No - not at all. Please read the sales guidelines on this forum.

Social source share

No - not at all. Please read the sales guidelines on this forum.

Apologies as i thought i had,unless ive misread it it doesnt say you must grade your sale !

This is only a suggestion not a rule unless ive picked it up wrong & if so I apologise, Also there seems to be no uniformity as again it states if members so wish they can use the ss system which to me means its a choice and if you decide to use a different grading system then theres no uniformity ! Like I say if no grading puts people off from bying then im only harming myself not potential byers as they just need to steer clear 

2. Records for sale are graded or at least an overall grade is given for the entire batch. A site recommended grading system is available here:-

If members so wish they can use this system and mark their ad "graded as per site guidelines"

Best regards Charlie

Social source share

Charlie that was a crazy answer...seriously crazy !

Why would I buy a record that was VG- or less ?  I want a record that is Mintish or EX++

I can see we will do no business in the future....shame as you had a record I wanted, but could never trust what I would receive.

Nick

Apologies Nick, I didnt realise you were looking at something in particuliar and thought you were just having a general comment, If trust is an issue let me know what your intrested in, i,ll grade it , send it & if your happy you can pay for it, if not i,ll paypal you postage costs and you can send it back :) And just to highlight my point using ss grading system mintish is practically unplayed and theres no EX option the next grade after m- is vg++

Edited by charliew
Social source share

Charlie is correct in that there are guidelines which members are expected to follow and then there are suggestions or recommendations [TIPS] which hopefully aid both selling and buying.

Grading comes under Tips. It's up to the seller how he presents his sales but the lack of grading is not recommended as usually a buyer would want to know condition. I would have thought that would lead to extra work for the seller responding to queries and may also turn some buyers off.

Sellers can use any grading they like as it is subjective. The SS guidelines were introduced so that there is a "norm" that buyers can expect when purchasing records on here. If you are going to use your own then unless you give some idea as to how you grade your records it can lead to disputes. You can obviously prevent that my merely saying that refunds will be given to anybody who is not happy with their purchase.

The VG++ grade is based on US system and corresponds to the UK Ex. I used that because most 45s are US copies and most are familiar with US gradings having bought off US E Bay.

ROD [Forum Moderator]

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Charlie is correct in that there are guidelines which members are expected to follow and then there are suggestions or recommendations [TIPS] which hopefully aid both selling and buying.

Grading comes under Tips. It's up to the seller how he presents his sales but the lack of grading is not recommended as usually a buyer would want to know condition. I would have thought that would lead to extra work for the seller responding to queries and may also turn some buyers off.

Sellers can use any grading they like as it is subjective. The SS guidelines were introduced so that there is a "norm" that buyers can expect when purchasing records on here. If you are going to use your own then unless you give some idea as to how you grade your records it can lead to disputes. You can obviously prevent that my merely saying that refunds will be given to anybody who is not happy with their purchase.

The VG++ grade is based on US system and corresponds to the UK Ex. I used that because most 45s are US copies and most are familiar with US gradings having bought off US E Bay.

ROD [Forum Moderator]

Many thanks Rod,The reality is your all correct and not feeling too well choked with the flu i was just being argumentitive and arsy about it & realise i didnt do myself any favours, I also didnt explain myself very well,So could everybody concerned please accept my humble apologies

Regards Charlie

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Excepted Charlie. 

The record was The Rockmasters and I would want a EX++ or M- (same thing), which means no scratches or marks (scuffs) very clean vinyl and also clean labels.

I am a collector and not a DJ - something I have had to start saying here repeatedly, as I have found that DJs live in their own grading world.

Regards,

Nick

Social source share

Excepted Charlie. 

The record was The Rockmasters and I would want a EX++ or M- (same thing), which means no scratches or marks (scuffs) very clean vinyl and also clean labels.

I am a collector and not a DJ - something I have had to start saying here repeatedly, as I have found that DJs live in their own grading world.

Regards,Nick

No problem Nick and thanks for accepting my apology, I would say the Rockmasters is EX++ and giving the circumstances of arriving at this point please pm me your address and ill post the tune to you, If your not happy with my grading send me your paypal and i,ll refund your postage to send it back, if you are happy at that point ill send you my paypal and you can pay :) dont think i can say fairer than that and im sure you wont be dissapointed ..............Let me know

Regards Charlie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!