Sandra Phillips - World Without Sunshine

Chris L
Go to solution Solved by Robbk,

Going back into the Soul Source archives I see a few threads about this record. It wasn't clear to me which one(s) are boots. If I understand it correctly the top 2 are originals and the one underneath is a boot ? A yes or no would be good !  :thumbsup:

post-4408-0-45166900-1392883913_thumb.jppost-4408-0-79092500-1392883932_thumb.jp

post-4408-0-44991500-1392883946_thumb.jp

On mine run-out has small 66BY264-1 and LW plus a very very small marking I can't read.  :huh:

Social source share

• Solution

Yes.  The above 2 are different pressing plant pressings of the original.  The bottom is a late 1970s boot pressed up at the same plant around the same time as The Magnificents on Dee Gee, and several others with that same font and label design.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Yes.  The above 2 are different pressing plant pressings of the original.  The bottom is a late 1970s boot pressed up at the same plant around the same time as The Magnificents on Dee Gee, and several others with that same font and label design.

Just to add to this, that boot that Rob pointed out, was actually done around late 1973 / early 1974, it was in the main record dealer's boxes during the very early days at Wigan. Along with the 'Patience Valentine' "You can't tell the good guys from the bad" on Real Soul (Edie Walker) and Dana Valery "You don't know where your interest lies" on Pussycat

Social source share

Just to add to this, that boot that Rob pointed out, was actually done around late 1973 / early 1974, it was in the main record dealer's boxes during the very early days at Wigan. Along with the 'Patience Valentine' "You can't tell the good guys from the bad" on Real Soul (Edie Walker) and Dana Valery "You don't know where your interest lies" on Pussycat

We did a little topic about these bootlegs a few weeks back, might have just been me and Ian D doing it, there was also Magnificents My Heart Is Calling and Stanley Mitchell get It Baby and a couple of others from the same source.  Turns out it was the same typeface as the Sandy Golden record!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!