New Release By The Jaggerz

Phild

This is not half bad. Good to hear this kind of music being made in 2014!

https://www.reverbnation.com/thejaggerz/song/19958970-the-walk

Soul music legends Gamble and Huff of Philadelphia International Records discovered, signed, and produced the blue eye soul group the Jaggerz releasing their first album "Introducing the Jaggerz" in 1969. The Jaggerz went on to score a Number 1 U.S hit with "The Rapper" that continues to be played on radio stations daily and is included on dozens of compilation albums.

The Jaggerz have just released a new soulful single "The Walk". It has a tuneful melody backed by the Jaggerz rich harmonies.

The Walk is receiving airplay on several radio stations in Western Pa and other stations across the country.  Pittsburgh area stations playing "The Walk" include 107.1 WHJB, 1450 WDAD and 103.3 WKQL, 1160 WCCS, and 770 WKBF. The WYEP-FM Soul Show will premiere The Walk this week.

The Jaggerz are a blue-eye soul band known for their rich vocals and soulful grooves.  The legendary Philadelphia International team of Gamble and Huff produced the Jaggerz first album ‘Introducing the Jaggerz" in 1969.  it’s an R&B classic featuring Jimmie Ross singing the Steals Brothers “Gotta Find My Way Back Home”.  (The Steals Brother later wrote “Could It Be I’m Falling in Love” for the Spinners).  The album as features the cuts “That Why (Baby I Love You)” and “Together”.  All Music Guide praises the album: “Steeped in R&B, The Jaggerz are absolutely thrilling”. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This is not half bad. Good to hear this kind of music being made in 2014!

https://www.reverbnation.com/thejaggerz/song/19958970-the-walk

Soul music legends Gamble and Huff of Philadelphia International Records discovered, signed, and produced the blue eye soul group the Jaggerz releasing their first album "Introducing the Jaggerz" in 1969. The Jaggerz went on to score a Number 1 U.S hit with "The Rapper" that continues to be played on radio stations daily and is included on dozens of compilation albums.

The Jaggerz have just released a new soulful single "The Walk". It has a tuneful melody backed by the Jaggerz rich harmonies.

The Walk is receiving airplay on several radio stations in Western Pa and other stations across the country.  Pittsburgh area stations playing "The Walk" include 107.1 WHJB, 1450 WDAD and 103.3 WKQL, 1160 WCCS, and 770 WKBF. The WYEP-FM Soul Show will premiere The Walk this week.

The Jaggerz are a blue-eye soul band known for their rich vocals and soulful grooves.  The legendary Philadelphia International team of Gamble and Huff produced the Jaggerz first album ‘Introducing the Jaggerz" in 1969.  it’s an R&B classic featuring Jimmie Ross singing the Steals Brothers “Gotta Find My Way Back Home”.  (The Steals Brother later wrote “Could It Be I’m Falling in Love” for the Spinners).  The album as features the cuts “That Why (Baby I Love You)” and “Together”.  All Music Guide praises the album: “Steeped in R&B, The Jaggerz are absolutely thrilling”.  [/color

Didn't Mayer Hawthorne record "The Walk" on a vinyl 12" a couple years back ?

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!