Dee Dee Warwick - Where Is That Rainbow - Value Please?

Pete S

I've seen anywhere between £30 and £70 depending on condition. I think some prefer that 45 version with the sax, over the LP which doesn't have the horns, hence price gone up as more have looked for one.

Maybe not relevant but I'm sure I read somewhere some time ago that Dee Dee Warwick never liked the 45 mix as it didn't really seem to allow her vocal take the lead. I tend to agree for what it's worth.

I think you'd get £60 for NM in sleeve.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I've seen anywhere between £30 and £70 depending on condition. I think some prefer that 45 version with the sax, over the LP which doesn't have the horns, hence price gone up as more have looked for one.

Maybe not relevant but I'm sure I read somewhere some time ago that Dee Dee Warwick never liked the 45 mix as it didn't really seem to allow her vocal take the lead. I tend to agree for what it's worth.

I think you'd get £60 for NM in sleeve.

OK that's great info, thanks Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Liza calls it 'Rainbow' and we have to play 'Emperor' with it every time... strange though changing tastes, I think you should get at least £45 for it Pete, Girls record for sure.... and if that makes me a girl, so then so be it... :ohmy:

Mal

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Liza calls it 'Rainbow' and we have to play 'Emperor' with it every time... strange though changing tastes, I think you should get at least £45 for it Pete, Girls record for sure.... and if that makes me a girl, so then so be it... :ohmy:

Mal

I got £50 for it mate :-)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I have a nice white US mercury demo bought it from Italy around a year ago for around £45,played it in a spot i did in Huddersfield at the end, a few months ago,great track especially with the sax,and played a lot by Richard Searling as Mick says a few years ago.I have the other version on an album too ...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I have to disagree, for me the LP version is much better than the 45  :thumbsup:

But that could be due to the fact that that was the one I heard first - Canal Tavern in Thorne many years ago!

A quick search reveals that I'm not alone either: https://mickeynold.blogspot.co.uk/2007/10/rainbow.html

Oh yeah, I'm definitely with you on that one John   :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

While we're on the the subject of the 45, has anyone got a vinyl rather than styrene version of the 45… .

I've never seen one,don't know if they exist, [maybe too early ?] but i"d love one. PMs welcome !

Superb record…...

Social source share

While we're on the the subject of the 45, has anyone got a vinyl rather than styrene version of the 45… .

I've never seen one,don't know if they exist, [maybe too early ?] but i"d love one. PMs welcome !

Superb record…...

I've never seen one, but my 'I Haven't got Anything Better to do' is vinyl..

You might like this John.. also got a very nice Aussie demo 'Funny How We Change Places' pretty rare 45 on Australian..

this could turn into a Dee Dee Warwick fest!!

Malcolm

post-2025-0-47667400-1393369625_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Same here Malcolm, my 'I Haven't got Anything Better to do' is also vinyl, but it does appear that "Where is that rainbow" is styrene - although it's not all that obvious like the 70's styrene 45s are.

Nice one with the Australian demo too, I've just got 3 different US copies and a UK promo of it (!)

I drew the line at that and decided not to go hunting every different countries release by her  :P 

Although.. if any were to cross my path cheap enough, who knows  :g: 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!