Alfreda Brockington - Phil La Of Soul

Pete S

Just listing some records, have one

ALFRED BROCKINGTON - YOUR LOVE HAS GOT ME CHAINED AND BOUND - PHIL LA OF SOUL 334

this is styrene, looks early 70's, anyone know if it's a reissue?  If not, any idea of price?  Never even heard it before, seen it around but never got round to listening to it.  It's a yellow issue, not the DJ below, but all label details are identical

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 1 month later...

I had a white demo and still got this, not sure if it's a reissue / boot ?

attachicon.gifALFRED BROCKINGTON - YOUR LOVE HAS GOT ME CHAINED AND BOUND - PHIL LA OF SOUL.jpg

This is a 2nd issue.

As stated above the 2nd Issue had an R after the matrix number. Also the song title (and to a degree the artist name) are in much bigger fonts on the original issue.

btw it's the B side that does it for me, and for that the 2nd issue might be the one to get because I don't think it fades so quickly.  

Social source share

This is a 2nd issue.

As stated above the 2nd Issue had an R after the matrix number. Also the song title (and to a degree the artist name) are in much bigger fonts on the original issue.

btw it's the B side that does it for me, and for that the 2nd issue might be the one to get because I don't think it fades so quickly.  

You are correct sir! I have both the vinyl first issue and the styrene re-issue, and agree the deep flip "I''ll Wait For You" is the better side. I kept the 2n'd press as well because this side is longer. ... Both discs quote 2:23 for time, but 2nd press times out at something like 2:42. ..and so! if you prefer the deep side, then 2n'd press is the one.... and the original for the longer cut.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!