Friday Vinyl: Northern & Modern Soul

Beatin Rhythm

Hi Soul Diggers, hope your week's been going well, here's a list of Northern & Modern Soul 45s for your consideration. If you see anything here that you'd like to buy then please send a reply or phone 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve an item.

1. Two Loves - TURNER KING (Tic Toc)...............Mint-...............pressed and released on this Carolina label, this is actually "Two Loves Have I" by JOE TURNER and it remains a mystery as to why the names have been changed.......................£20

2. What Made You Change - EDDIE McGEE (Hi demo).............Mint-................this IS Top, Top Quality, a brilliant Syl Johnson-style mid-pacer that you may already have heard on the Back Beat CD "Soul Searchin", it's a definite "grower" and with Spring almost here, it's time to plant out now...............£25

3. I'm So Glad - HERB JOHNSON & THE IMPACTS (Brunswick, gold label, 2nd issue).............Mint-...........giant of an oldie that's seen the varnish disappear from many a Northern Soul dancefloor, an old friend more than anything and crowd-pleaser for sure................£20

4. Keep Saying - CHARLES WRIGHT (Philips)...................VG++.....................£30

5. We Got Love - BEN E. KING (Atlantic)............Mint-......if you're a Modern Soul afficianado this 1975 release is like the best ice cream you've ever tasted and then being asked if you'd like some fresh strawberries to go with it and some peaches perhaps.Totally brilliant Philly arrangement that by then (Sept. 1975) had become the norm for almost every non-Motown related release, hence Ben E. not making waves with what, to us, is a perfect gem...................PICK OF THE LIST...............£20

6. We're In This Thing Together - PEACHES & HERB (Date).............VG++..................£15

7. It's Waiting There For You - REPERATA & THE DELRONS (Mala demo)............VG++.............£25

8. Don't Let It Slip Away - RAL DONNER (Star Fire)...........Mint-..........gold coloured vinyl..........£25

9. In My Tenement - ROOSEVELT GRIER (R.I.).....Mint-.............almighty Northern Soul classic, released 1964...............£185

10. I've Got The Skill - JACKIE ROSS (Chess demo)...........Mint-........................£15

11. Just Wanna Get The Feel Of It - BLOODSTONE (Motown demo)...........Mint-....................£55

12. If You Wanna Go Back.................JEARN CARN (Phil. Int. demo)............VG++....................£12

13. Love Don't Come No Stronger - JEFF PERRY (Arista).............VG++.....................£25

14. You Don't Love Nobody- WILLIE COOPER & THE WEBS (Whiz).................Mint-...........£150

15. Somebody Please - BILLY KEENE (Dottie).........VG++....................£20

16. Shoes - BOBBY BLAND (Duke)....................VG++...........£35

17. Geni - TERRI BRYANT (Verve)............classy Northern dancer.....................Mint-..............£75

18. Don't Let It Break Your Heart Out / Straighten Up - CONNIE QUESTELL (Decca demo).............VG++............£30

19. Show Me - JOE TEX (Dial).............Mint-....................£15

20. To Whom It May Concern - LOLA SANDS (Bison)................Mint-......................£250

Still have a few Keele All-Nighter tickets left (6) for the April 12th event.................£15 each (no booking fee).

Many thanks for looking through the list, have a great night and enjoy your dancing,

Cheers, Carl (Beatin' Rhythm).

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

1. Two Loves - TURNER KING (Tic Toc)...............Mint-...............pressed and released on this Carolina label, this is actually "Two Loves Have I" by JOE TURNER and it remains a mystery as to why the names have been changed.......................£20

A deliberate mis-nomer.

Obviously released for the Beach Music scene.

Another example is the "Lew Curtan Revue" release.

To avoid a slap on the wrist from the rights owners !

R-150-3694209-1352198119-3721.jpeg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert