Brown Bombers

Paul R

Does anyone remember a sound played in the mid 70s, I'm sure it was by the Brown Bombers and called "Having Fun" or something similar. I seem to think it was a B side backing track of the A side. Was it ever revived and has anyone got an MP3 or RM of it.

Paul

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

A mate at Yate was always getting those prescribed, as he was always falling off his scooter, and use to pass them on to us at a reasonable fee :rolleyes:

Social source share

Seen it listed a few times around £300-400. Been on ebay some also. I think Tim Brown featured the instrumental side on one of his latest "rarest" compilations on Goldmine.

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Seen it listed a few times around £300-400. Been on ebay some also. I think Tim Brown featured the instrumental side on one of his latest "rarest" compilations on Goldmine.

link

yeah ok, then that's the one! :rolleyes: a strange one that is..

best

Leo

Social source share

Is that the one with the manic flutes and kiddie chorus?  :rolleyes:

best

Leo

link

Indeed it is. Strange song. Can't really say if i like it or not. Can't get you a mp3 neither im afraid.

Reminds me about the signature melody of a swedih children's show on telly called Kalles Kl¤ttertr¤d.

Social source share

Brown Bombers "Just Fun"/"Wait For Me"  Amazing 101

No mp3 I'm afraid!

link

Quite popular at Notts Palais all dayers late seventies/ 1980 ?

I think Chris Fletcher was the one to play it but the line up was so good there,

Chris, John Poole, Searling, Sam, Gary Rushbrooke and Rob Smith amongst others, that it could have been anyone.

Anyone buying £50 'dealer packs off Martin Koppel in the late seventies will have got a copy, as he seemed to put them on every pack. Valued @£2.50 !

Social source share

Indeed it is. Strange song. Can't really say if i like it or not. Can't get you a mp3 neither im afraid.

Reminds me about the signature melody of a swedih children's show on telly called Kalles Kl¤ttertr¤d.

link

Not that it matters to the vast majority of you, but i have to correct my self, it was not Kalles Kl¤ttertr¤d, but Alfons ...berg.

Social source share

Not that it matters to the vast majority of you, but i have to correct my self, it was not Kalles Kl¤ttertr¤d, but Alfons ...berg.

link

Top post!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

it sounds like three different songs being played at the same time!!

but strangely i like it!

link

MMmmm Verrry nice!!!! Want one!!

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

Quite popular at Notts Palais all dayers late seventies/ 1980 ?

I think Chris Fletcher was the one to play it but the line up was so good there,

Chris, John Poole, Searling, Sam, Gary Rushbrooke and Rob Smith amongst others, that it could have been anyone.

Anyone buying £50 'dealer packs off Martin Koppel in the late seventies will have got a copy, as he seemed to put them on every pack. Valued @£2.50 !

link

most positivly a CHRIS FLETCHER play and famous 'tape sound' of his.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!