Most active in this topic

Posted Images

POSSIBLE TITLE

YOU LEFT ME WITH A BROKEN HEART

MAY BE ON CHATTAHOOCHIE (HE THINKS )

IT HAS THE SAME BACKING TRACK AS THE MONTICHELLOS ON RED CAP

"I CANT WAIT UNTIL I SEE MY BABYS FACE"

ANYONE GOT AN IDEAS?? :wicked:

Good as the Monticellos is - every home should have a copy of Baby Washington which is an all time disque excellente.

Social source share

Guest rickthick

Good as the Monticellos is - every home should have a copy of Baby Washington which is an all time disque excellente.

try Spyder Turner' MGM lp (the whole album is brilliant) for the best version of this track (IMO)

Social source share

Both versions of "It's All Over" by Pearl Dowdell on Saadia and Little Beaver with Frank Williams Rocketeers on Lloyd share an uncanny similarity to "I Can't Wait...", but with a slightly more raw production style to any version of the Baby Washington standard. Could it be one of these you're thinking of?

Social source share

Both versions of "It's All Over" by Pearl Dowdell on Saadia and Little Beaver with Frank Williams Rocketeers on Lloyd share an uncanny similarity to "I Can't Wait...", but with a slightly more raw production style to any version of the Baby Washington standard. Could it be one of these you're thinking of?

Both excellent tuneage :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

try Spyder Turner' MGM lp (the whole album is brilliant) for the best version of this track (IMO)

Sorry, you can't beat Dionne Warwick on this song, in fact unless you're the late Linda Jones you can't beat Dionne Warwick full stop...

TONE :rolleyes:

Social source share

POSSIBLE TITLE

YOU LEFT ME WITH A BROKEN HEART

MAY BE ON CHATTAHOOCHIE (HE THINKS )

IT HAS THE SAME BACKING TRACK AS THE MONTICHELLOS ON RED CAP

"I CANT WAIT UNTIL I SEE MY BABYS FACE"

ANYONE GOT AN IDEAS?? :rolleyes:

Dontells 'I Cant Wait' on Ambassador ...........left field and lovely

Social source share

Hear,hear...but don`t start using the mortgage money to buy all this super vinyl (if you can find it) or your other half may "tell you that you`re through...."

Social source share

Ok lets get this one straight

WHICH PART OF "SAME BACKING TRACK AS" etc etc

dont you get ???????ITS NOT FECKIN

ICWUISMBF in any format ,atrist or label

AARRRGGGHHHHHH..

I know .. sometimes I think they just don't read the thread titles .... must be the heat getting to them whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I know .. sometimes I think they just don't read the thread titles .... must be the heat getting to them whistling.gif

Give us a break, m' dear, we're all at that age now where it's easier to ramble aimlessly than to concentrate too deeply on the matter at hand....

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ok lets get this one straight

WHICH PART OF "SAME BACKING TRACK AS" etc etc

dont you get ???????ITS NOT FECKIN

ICWUISMBF in any format ,atrist or label

AARRRGGGHHHHHH..

We're only trying to broaden yer horizons old bean by hijacking your thread thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I'm glad this subject has come up, I have a copy of the Aretha version but it just doesn't look like any Columbia record I've ever seen - yet I doubt that this title has ever been bootlegged. But this one must surely be a boot. In the run off it says:

"does love believe in me"...thats scratched in. Also has a scratched in ztsp number and it's on vinyl, so I'm presuming it's a recent one which came out after the last John Manship bootleg book came out...unless anyone knows different.

Social source share

I'm glad this subject has come up, I have a copy of the Aretha version but it just doesn't look like any Columbia record I've ever seen - yet I doubt that this title has ever been bootlegged. But this one must surely be a boot. In the run off it says:

"does love believe in me"...thats scratched in. Also has a scratched in ztsp number and it's on vinyl, so I'm presuming it's a recent one which came out after the last John Manship bootleg book came out...unless anyone knows different.

Shows a different time too

Social source share

Different again to my copy Pete... where the label stock ... is GREEN!

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Thanks Gareth its the

Pearl Dowdell he is after..thats the one

do you have a soundclip of the Frank williams version? whistling.gif

Social source share

Thanks Gareth its the

Pearl Dowdell he is after..thats the one

do you have a soundclip of the Frank williams version? :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention the Pearl Dowdell has a great funk B side.

Frank Williams is THE version though for the top side "It's all over" - on Lloyd.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!