The Return Of The Original Mastercuts Show

Wow, back behind the radio desk after a 15 month break. There’s nothing like a LIVE show to get the blood flowing. Also this is the show where we’ll be trying out some potential new features. ‘Rant Of The Month’, which will be me moaning about something, ‘Monthly Issues’ where we’ll be discussing some of the major talking points of the last few weeks (and there’s plenty of those LOL) plus the usual interactive random chattering via the Starpoint chatroom. Did we mention that it’s LIVE by the way….?

Also, tomorrow we’ll be having a special guest dropping in! All will be revealed when you tune in @ 2.00pm sharp!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 23rd February 2014 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Mass Production * New York Port Authority * Eleanore Mills * Crown Heights Affair * Val Young * Kleeer * Madagascar * Aretha Franklin * Al Hudson & The Soul Partners * Freddie Hughes * Casanova Two * Eddie Bo * Velvet Hammer * Garland Green * The Chi-Lites * Buddy Miles * The Main Ingredient * Broken Glass * Tony Gregory * The Real Thing * Ayah * Kylie Auldist * Ashford & Simpson

See you @ 2.00-4.00pm!

Ian D X

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 1 month later...

Following my trial-by-fire last month - it’s always interesting interviewing an act that I didn’t know I’d be interviewing and who I knew nothing about — hi Carmichael Music Lover - well I’m back! There’s simply nothing like a LIVE show to keep the blood flowing! Loads of tunes to smash this week including an exclusive DJ Spilla remix on Tyrone Lee, new releases from Paul Johnson and Nathan Adams, a tasty rework of the Northend tune that suddenly popping up everywhere, some 70’s, some 80’s, some Northern, some Modern, some Crossover, some Ballads, some Edits, some Killers. Come join the Original Mastercuts Sunday afternoon crowd in the Starpoint chatroom for some banter from 2.00pm tomorrow. Oh and did we mention that it’s LIVE by the way….?

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 30th March 2014 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Alicia Keys * Paul Johnson * Nathan Adams * Tyrone Lee * Northend * Marc Evans * Five Special * Roberta Flack * Jeffrey Osbourne * E. Rodney Jones * Bobby Treetop * Darrow Fletcher * The Four Sights * Living Colour * Jack Ashford * The Original Drifters * James Fountain * Dee Edwards * Tommy Keith * Pete Belasco * Rose Royce * Dionne Warwick * Moments & Whatnauts * The Chi-Lites

See you @ 2.00-4.00pm!

Ian D :D 

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Well that was an eventful few weeks since the last show. Sad news following the passing of Frankie Knuckles and Deon Jackson both of whom will be featured on the show today. RIP guys. Had a GREAT time over at Smooth Grooves in Essex three weeks ago with Bigger, Flip, Scott, Carl, Soulpersona and Princess Freesia so hopefully will see you all again soon. Last weekend I blasted up to Manchester for the Ritz Reunion and came back more bruised and battered than usual but had a great time as always. Looking forward to upcoming gigs in May at Bickley Manor in Kent, Butlins in Minehead and the Baltic Soul Weekender. The summer is truly beginning!

This week’s show will feature the usual trawl through the eras taking in some truly wonderful Soulful House, some awesome re-edits, some Northern Soul, some Mellow Grooves and some feel good anthems, all with the emphasis on SOUL. The perfect soundtrack to a Sunday afternoon. Come and join the regular groovers in the Starpoint chatroom.

The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 27th April 2014 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Frankie Knuckles feat Jamie Principle * Paul Johnson * Big Moses feat Kenny Bobien * Love Committee * The Jackson Five * Curtis Mayfield * Eugene Record * 100% Pure Poison * Donnell Pitman * Bob Relf * Bobby Lacour * Big Don’s Rebellion * Darrell Banks * Deon Jackson * Al Kent * Jr Walker & The All-Stars * Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager * Ecstasy Passion & Pain * Marvin Gaye * O.C. Smith * Shiva * Gene Chandler * Tavares feat Freda Payne

See you @ 2.00pm sharp!

Ian D :)

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!