Guest BIG B

Almeta Lattimore

Guest BIG B

I can't find much about the life of Almeta Latimer Roseman aka Almeta Lattimore aka Almeta Latimer of These Memories fame. 

Anyone out there that can help me with basic stuff, like date/place of birth etc. and maybe a contact address? 

All I could research is the following: 

From Detroit, Michigan
It's said that Almeda/Ameta sang background on Aretha's SPIRIT IN THE DARK album and was also managed by Aretha at one time.

Discography: 
As Almeta Latimer "La la"/ "Tobacco road" (De-Vel Records ZS7 6754, 1973)
These Memories / same mono (7”, Promo, Mainstream, 1975) 
These Memories / Oh my Love (7”, Single, Mainstream, 1975) 
John Freeman Introducing Almeta Latimore - I Need You "Ž (7", Single, Promo, VR label, 1980)
Almeta Latimore and John Freeman - Mr. Sweetness (7” & 12”, VR label, 1980) 
These Memories / La La (7”, Single, Promo, Hayley, 2005)
All produced by Leonard Jones. These Memories / Oh My Love produced by Leonard Jones at Fast Track in Detroit 1975. 
Except of the De-Vel 7” a single produced by George Mc Gregor. 

Any help is much appreciated. Many thanks in advance, B. 

Guest BIG B

I saw her at the Northampton weekender in 2006, alongside The Falcons, Chris Clarke, Bobby Taylor, Tommy Good and Pat Lewis :)

Thanks Mark. Do you know anyone of the promoters/organisers? Anyone who's even on Soultalk? 

Hello ALL. I know that this topic is 3 years old but I personally knew Ms. Latimer. Almeta Latimer's real name was Hattie Almeda Latimer. She was born in North Carolina and had 11 siblings. I was married to her great niece Tiffany Latimer. Hattie lived in Detroit, MI and traveled to do show occassionally. In June of 2015, unfortunately Ms. Hattie Latimer-Reed passed away after a long struggle with health issues. She was survived by a daughter, son in law, 2 grand sons and one great grand son. If you have any further questions you may contact me via email at Staceybursey871@gmail.com

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.