Mixed Bag Of Soul / Funk - Mainly 70's (Cheap!)

Guest Ste Brazil

Guest Ste Brazil

Hi,

PM Me if you require further info, any records i sell will be posted early next week.

I'm happy to take an offer for the lot!

Bobby Womack 'Across 110th Street' (United Artists) VG++ ....Perfection, in a word! £15.00

Creative Source 'Don't Be Afraid To Take My Love' (Polydor) VG+ £10.00 Massive upbeat dancer from '75, floor filler!

Terry Callier 'I Don't Want To See Myself (Without You)' ACID JAZZ VG++ I've never actually met anybody that doesn't like this, superb uplifting track. £10.00

Frankie Kelly 'Ain't That The Truth' (TEN) EX. Great dancer from '85, love the intro! £15.00 ***** SOLD *****

Edwin Starr 'There You Go' (SOUL) VG++ Classic track from Mr.Starr.... £12.00

Madeline & The Monticellos 'Binding Ring Of Gold' (De-Vel demo) This has a crack and a piece of tape on the back, but plays ok, so no idea, open to offers :)

Natural Four 'Try Love Again' (Curtom) VG++ Excellent groover from '73. £10.00

Gwen McCrae '90% Of Me Is You' (CAT) VG++ Stunning, stunning track...what can i say. £15.00

Larry Houston 'Lets Spend Some Time Together' (HFMP - Red label copy) VG++ / EX A huge track in it's time and ever popular. £15.00

Gil Scott Heron 'The Bottle' (Strata East) VG++ Nice picture cover! One of the best dance records ever in my opinion, just fantastic! £15.00

James Brown 'There Was A Time' (King) VG++ THE VERSION of this track, killer!!! £15.00

Montclairs 'Hung Up On Your Love' / 'I Need You More Than Ever' (Contempo) VG+ No Introduction required for either track...£10.00 ***** SOLD *****

Ebony Jam 'Ride On' (AMOS) VG+, One label slightly rough, vinyl good though. Brilliant funky dancer! £15.00

Archie Bell & The Drells 'Where Will You Go When The Party's Over' / 'Don't Let Love Get You Down' (Portrait) VG++ Great double sider, two classics. £15.00

East Coast Connection 'Summer In The Parks' (New Direction) VG+ Killer funk, originally given away at the 'Summer In The Parks' festival back in the day, massive at Cleethorpes etc £15.00

Soul Searchers 'Funk To The Folks' / 'Blow Your Whistle' (Sussex) BRILLIANT double funk sider, if you know 'Summer in the parks' check out 'Blow your whistle'! VG++ £12.00

Buzzie 'Stone Soul Booster' (Gordy) VG+ £5.00 Superb and cheap funk!

Corner Boys 'Gang War' / 'Take it Easy Soul Brother' (Neptune) Great double sider VG+ £10.00

Bobby Womack 'Trust your heart' (Columbia - Stamped 'Demo, not for sale') Excellent track with vocals from David Ruffin.

The Futures 'Ain't got time for nothing' (Philadelphia International Records demo) VG++ / EX Excellent laid back grooves from '78.

Caroline Crawford 'I'll be here for you' (Mercury demo) VG++ £15.00 - Lesser known modern from '79, cool track.

Shock 'Footsteps across your mind' (Sirocco) VG++ / EX £15.00 - Brilliant modern from '76.

Truth 'Excedrin Headache' (Sounds of Cleveland) VG++ £15.00 - Hard edged funk 45, essential track!

Black Stash 'Mighty Love Man' (Seville) VG+ £15.00 - Huge sister soul / funk 45!

Tower Of Power 'This time it's real' / 'Soul vaccination' (Warner Bros.) VG+ £10.00 - Great double sider, one northern, one funk, both underplayed!

Society 'The final seconds' (Boo-Koo) VG++ £10 - Excellent funk for the price, had plenty of plays in the last few years, still got plenty of mileage. ***** SOLD *****

Valentinos 'I can understand it' (Clean / demo) VG++ £15.00 - Another that requires no introduction, Bobby Womack production, great track.

Superlatives 'Come on down to the ghetto' (Wal-ly Records) VG+ £15.00 - A big old funker for the price, has been on a few rare funk comps, great 45.

Family Circle 'I hope you really love me' ( Sky Disc) VG+ £10.00 - Beautiful and very soulful 45 from '72.

Archie Bell & The Drells 'Dancing to your music' VG+ £10.00 (Glades) - A Phillip Mitchell production from '73, nice dancer.

Forbidden Circle 'Love comes in all colours' (Down Home) EX £25.00 - A cover up in recent times and has gone for nearly double this price recently, great funky uptempo 45!

David Sea 'Angel' (part 1 & 2 - part 2 is best!) (T-Jaye Records) VG++ £10.00 Cool modern, a classic.

Jackie Wilson 'It's all over' (Brunswick) VG+ £20.00 Brilliant crossover and still underplayed! ***** SOLD *****

PM Me. (Maybe loads more 45's to come)

Postage £2.50 UK, please send payment via Paypal if possible and as a 'gift'.

Edited by Ste Brazil
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!