soullad

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 15
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've wanted one of these ever since Steve Smith used to cover it up at Bretby. Its taken me this long to find out the artist and to track one down. There was an MP3 and a scan put on this site recently, in reply to an American asking for northern styled rnb tracks. So, now more people are aware of it. It makes the value of £30 - £50 seem relatively cheap. This is a rare record, trust me , i know.

On the subject of Bretby, other songs Steve used to play in his early sets inc.

Baby - sensations, Jimmy Burns - miss me when im gone, Doris Troy - face up to the truth, Sensations - demandin Man etc etc. Just quality, at a time when Northern wasn't as popular as it seems now. Those that went know what a treat it was. Anyway enuff ramblin. If i get offered multiples i'll forward all details on.

Cheers

Ian

Social source share

Guest Damien

No the one that Moerer had for auction was "Out Of Nowhere" on Jerma too - It went for $131

"Are you foolin" is much difficult - really doesn't often appear... I've paid £150 for a mint one some months ago - Took me quite a long time to grab one...

Social source share

On the subject of Bretby, other songs Steve used to play in his early sets inc.

Baby - sensations, Jimmy Burns - miss me when im gone, Doris Troy - face up to the truth, Sensations - demandin Man etc etc. Just quality, at a time when Northern wasn't as popular as it seems now. Those that went know what a treat it was. Anyway enuff ramblin. If i get offered multiples i'll forward all details on.

Cheers

Ian

Got several tapes off Steve from around this time, great venue was Bretby and one of the best record bars around.

Social source share

Guest vic-shot

Always spin this whenever I can, great record.....label looks very much like Sta Set

Paid £100 two or three years ago, everyone said it was way too much.....never seen another for sale.

I thought it was too much to. :thumbsup:

Edited by vic-shot
Social source share