Stunning Photos From The 1960s

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Keep clicking....some of these bands share the same names as some black groups, I mean, surely 'The Attractions' aint the same group on Bell / De-To are they? 'Cavaliers' surely not the RCA group?

And what about 'The Fourteen Feet Of Soul'!!!! Who the hell are they...anyone know anything by them? I gotta here it!

'Doug Clark & The Hot Nuts' what a name! but these are a black group even though their name sounds white!

'Soul Inc.' are they the guys on Golden Eye? (Soul Bros Inc?)

If you keep looking there is a fab pic of the Oxford Nights...all looking like Mr.

E. Humperdink!!!

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Keep clicking....some of these bands share the same names as some black groups, I mean, surely 'The Attractions' aint the same group on Bell / De-To are they? 'Cavaliers' surely not the RCA group?

And what about 'The Fourteen Feet Of Soul'!!!! Who the hell are they...anyone know anything by them? I gotta here it!

'Doug Clark & The Hot Nuts' what a name! but these are a black group even though their name sounds white!

'Soul Inc.' are they the guys on Golden Eye? (Soul Bros Inc?)

If you keep looking there is a fab pic of the Oxford Nights...all looking like Mr.

E. Humperdink!!!

Nah mate, Soul Inc - My proposal - Coconut Groove. Pyramid was George Brown - Soul Bros Inc etc.

Nice one of the Magnificent Men there. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Nah mate, Soul Inc - My proposal - Coconut Groove. Pyramid was George Brown - Soul Bros Inc etc.

Nice one of the Magnificent Men there. :rolleyes:

And don't forget you can hear these great BEACH music sounds on VIP Radio every Friday with John Hook 10pm-Mid Sky Channel 0196

Social source share

Soul Inc. from the Carolinas as featured on the beach music pages are unconnected to the Detroit group Soul Incorporated of My Proposal fame. Dan posted up some great pictures and memorabilia from Houston's Soul Bros Inc. here a couple of years ago.

Social source share

I suspect that from about 1964 to 1968 virtually every town in the states may have boasted a band calling themselves some combination of the words "soul" "brothers" and "incorporated": there was also the lot from Virginia of "Teardrops" fame: another white group possibly? does anyone know for sure?

Social source share

I suspect that from about 1964 to 1968 virtually every town in the states may have boasted a band calling themselves some combination of the words "soul" "brothers" and "incorporated": there was also the lot from Virginia of "Teardrops" fame: another white group possibly? does anyone know for sure?

When reading the notes for the book, the author say's that for most of these groups 'Soul' & 'RnB' music was the order of the day, so I guess you're right. I have at least 4 different singles by groups calling themselves 'The Soul Brothers'....

Social source share

had me name on the waiting list for 18 months now, was posted on RSF about 18 months ago, in fact can't remember if author on there???? will check.

Looks a damn good book.

Got my name down too. whistling.gif about $59 which is roughly £25/30, but its weight might bump the postage up, unless of course they get some distributed to the UK.

August 4th (ish) according to the author, if he is on soulsource (and he damn well should be!) maybe he'll spot this thread and let us know for sure....

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Try Marva Whitney . . . phew . . . looks good to me!!

Martin

p.s. anyone have a pic of her in colour? whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

Try Marva Whitney . . . phew . . . looks good to me!!

Martin

p.s. anyone have a pic of her in colour? whistling.gif

you aint lyin!

whitney2.jpg

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

and the "other" Marva wasn't so bad herself:

MarvaHoliday4A.jpg

okay, i will stop now. no offense to any ladies reading this, but i wish i could find myself a young lady that looks as classy as any of the above ... you know, without being "retro" or something.

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

you aint lyin!

whitney2.jpg

What a lady . . . beautiful voice and body . . . and those legs!!! I think I've just got a new screen saver.

Martin

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Great pics!! Never knew the Embers were a blue-eyed boys whistling.gif

I can't remember where I read this, as it was some time ago . . . just thought!! In the liner for the Big City Soul c.d Volume 3 (Goldmine GSCD 47) it's quoted: Blue eyed soul from the Carolinas typical of the sing-a-long-style that is beach music and a release from 1970. Veterans of scores or recordings the group still performs in the area this day.

ONLY HAD ONE HIT IN MY EYES - "WATCH OUT GIRL"

Martin :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

and the "other" Marva wasn't so bad herself:

MarvaHoliday4A.jpg

okay, i will stop now. no offense to any ladies reading this, but i wish i could find myself a young lady that looks as classy as any of the above ... you know, without being "retro" or something.

Obviously written all over your face anyway!!

Martin whistling.gif

Social source share

Check out this book and click where it says photos, you won't believe some of the stunning pics!

www.heybabydays.com

Brilliant !! I want to subscribe to Soul Patrol even if its just a round of drinks !

Great Top Soul Guys, Nice one whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!