Pete S

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Guest gaz thomas

i will swop a british  60s registered restored italian sx lambretta for that 45

I dont use the the scooter and i would not use the 45

so it would not be a mega deal for me

deals, scooters and records

that is me

10k...... there are great 40 dollar records that have my attention at the moment

however......great find, and a classic

would i like......yes !!!

Edited by gaz thomas
Social source share

that is me

10k...... there are great 40 dollar records that have my attention at the moment

And if it were mine I'd have bitten your hand off!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

that is me

except the dellarks record will play a song every time you put the needle on it...where as the lammy will be hit and miss as to whether it starts everytime...haha

Social source share

I'll update this daily, just the once a day.

High bid currently £4600

will end this time next wednesday 5th march

How will anyone know when it's over Pete? Sorry not meaning to be awkward or anything, just wondered.  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

except the dellarks record will play a song every time you put the needle on it...where as the lammy will be hit and miss as to whether it starts everytime...haha

its got a mark broadhurst electronic ignition kit and a muggello on it, so it starts everytime and goes like a rocket !  :D

Social source share

gotta ask was it recent find or has the seller had it for a long time?

wish I could bid on it :(

Hey Jim, Depends how much you'd love to own it. People think nowt of spending 5 and a half grand on a little second hand car  :wink: ... or a kitchen.

I think I'd prefer the Del Larks! (no I'm not putting a bid in!).

• Helpful 2
Social source share

How can  you have two people with same bid surely if you have a bid of 5500 and someone comes in wi another bid they have to bid more ..Confused . Com lol

Not as confused as I am.  I can't tell people what to bid, they just make the offer.  (Person one asked to keep his bid going to 5500, person to came in with a straight bid of 5500).

The bid increment is £100 anyway, so if someone came in at 2 seconds to 6 and said 5520, it wouldn't count.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

I can't tell people what to bid, they just make the offer.  (Person one asked to keep his bid going to 5500, person to came in with a straight bid of 5500)

I don't mean to tell you how to do this, but this is how I would do it:

Yes you can tell people what to bid and you should in this kind of situation.

First bidder comes in with £5500.

Second bidder comes in with a bid of £5500.

You contact the second bidder and tell them that there already is a bid of £5500 on the record and that they need to increase their bid if they want to have a chance of purchasing the record. Otherwise they're out.

Then you tell the other bidders (if there are any) that a new bid has registered so that they know that they need to up their bids in case they still want to be in the running.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

I don't mean to tell you how to do this, but this is how I would do it:

Yes you can tell people what to bid and you should in this kind of situation.

First bidder comes in with £5500.

Second bidder comes in with a bid of £5500.

You contact the second bidder and tell them that there already is a bid of £5500 on the record and that they need to increase their bid if they want to have a chance of purchasing the record. Otherwise they're out.

Then you tell the other bidders (if there are any) that a new bid has registered so that they know that they need to up their bids in case they still want to be in the running.

Sounds like the right way to do it.

Social source share

Who's to say the people who've commented haven't had a bid, or aren't going to bid? It's not like you're giving names out is it. Some people should mind their own business! 

Just saying...

:wink:

Social source share

Always amuses me how people with no intention of bidding on a rare record have to get involved in one way or another......

B***ocks... I've gone and done it meself now :thumbsup:

But how do you know that ALL the people on this thread haven't made bid?

Except yourself of course!

:g:

Social source share

Listen I don't mean to be rude but it's been suggested to me by a bidder that people who have no intention of bidding on the item should, erm, mind their own business.  Just saying like.

There doesn't seem much wrong with this thread Pete.The bidders will bid,others will watch.Its one of the most important auctions for a long time for me,its going to attract attention.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I will of course take the advice on board, though I'm pretty sure they will both see this topic and can easily contact me.

Pete......you don,t need to take any advice.....you have a near mint, shiney shagable copy of one of the best records ever made for sale....it,s a case of supply and great demand..............AND THEY ALL WANT IT!!! :lol:  :D  :thumbsup:

Social source share

There doesn't seem much wrong with this thread Pete.The bidders will bid,others will watch.Its one of the most important auctions for a long time for me,its going to attract attention.

Kev. Your so right. I.m interested in this thread, find it fascinating but I could never justify paying these sort of prices for records. £400 was my limit on vinyl. Steve

Social source share

Ian thats a quality reply mate!!

But here is a thought and always wondered if it was a dooable way to bid (if you was bidding - which i am not)

Contact the seller and just say WHATEVER the amount goes to put me down for the next increment of bid - a guarantee of winning the auction.

Dazz

Thats a very very sensible way to go.

Social source share