Northern Soul Goes East - No Not Norwich

Orotava

Guest Dave Turner

Previous thread

01-15  Yum Yums - Gonna Be A Big Thing

10.38 Joe Tex - I Wanna Be Free

12.09  ... I know it but just can't bring it to mind  ............... that's not the title by the way   :D

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Listened to this yesterday on Radio 4 of all places - not my usual station but big Bruv contacted me about it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03bd23y

Can anyone help me with the tunes at 01:15, 10:38 and 12:09 please ??  Thanks!

Previous thread

01-15  Yum Yums - Gonna Be A Big Thing

10.38 Joe Tex - I Wanna Be Free

12.09  ... I know it but just can't bring it to mind  ............... that's not the title by the way   :D

I got a text about the programme but turned it off after hearing Winstanley's usual tosh, hearing about the fact that Wigan happened as the Beatles ended and Punk began (What - No Brotherhood of Man then) , then swimming pools and Japanese kids shouting the names of songs By the Who and "Yes! I Like the Jam!". Bobbins.

12:09 is Bud Harper - "Wherever You Were" by the way

Edited by Godzilla
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I got a text about the programme but turned it after hearing about Winstanley'susual tosh, hearing, the fact that Wigan happened as the Beatles ended and Punk began (What - No Brotherhood of Man then) , swimming pools and Japanese kids shouting the names of songs By the Who and "Yes! I Like the Jam!". Bobbins.

12:09 is Bud Harper - "Wherever You Were" by the way

Not to mention the ubiquitous Frank Wilson !!

Thanks by the way.

Social source share

Just had to reply to that title...Northern Soul hit little ol' Norwich back in the late 60's with the great Sean Burke our ambassador and a regular at the Wheel etc.

Still going strong under my Backstreet Soul Club banner - the evergreen Tony Warot was at our December event (not to DJ) and said it was the best soul night he had been to in nearly 10 Years!!

Keep A Troshin'

Mark C

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!