Lou Johnson - Reach Out For Me / Magic Potion Matrix Info

Donkit

I have 2 copiies of this 45, One is a light Pink label and has the scratched in matrix number 1373 - 1A which I believe is a counterfeit.

As in John Manships Guide to Bootlegs, Conterfeits and Reissues. In it he says the original has the scratched in matrix number 1373 - 1E

My problem is the Darker one of the two has a stamped circle with MR inside and then followed by scratched in BG. 1372 - 1D on Reach Out side, and stamped circle with MR inside and then scratched in 1373 - 1D on the Magic Potion side.

Is this a reissue ?

thanks

Don

Social source share

Can't see Magic Potion getting booted with reach Out on the other side.  I think it was booted as a vocal b/w instrumental.

Actually think it was on a maroon or brown Big Top label with Unsatisfied on B side, still can't see why a common chart record would be counterfeited

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

reach out was released around 1963 which, if pressed at monarch at that time, would give it a delta number of between 46000 and 49000. Dave says the number on the magic side is 48391 so it could be good. vinyl copies also have a stamp, not too dissimilar to a bed, pressed into the runout the same as the verve and some mgm records. great record btw

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!