Soulsville 1St Anniversary - Tickets

Guest Jamie

Good call, La Troutastini, I think we can say that King's Lynn may come later on the roadshow.

Shute mentioned Stafford, and Craigypoos said Wolves may be a go-er next year.

Come on chaps, let's get this show on the road.

J J Jameson

link

I think you can add manchester to the list..Thanks for putting on a very good night,nice to meet the mighty trout at last...

• Replies 119
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I think you can add manchester to the list..Thanks for putting on a very good night,nice to meet the mighty trout at last...

link

Yes I can just vision the tour bus parked out side Ducie bridge........

Has the bus been purchased yet, think it will need two large speakers up stairs.

Edited by JohnMay04

Yes I can just vision the tour bus parked out side Ducie bridge........

Has the bus been purchased yet, think it will need two large speakers up stairs.

link

We can always put Baby Jupiter on wheels, John.

That's small enough and has got two large speakers down stairs :thumbsup:

link

This seems like an offer to me, Mr Cato!

I do hope you make us a concrete offer.

And not the one with the boots :thumbsup:

Thanks for coming, good to see you again.

Hopefully catch up with you on the 27th.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie

Trevski,

Looks like it's stopping on Oxford Street just outside the 100!!

You are a very talented man. I do look forward to your Avatars, they do make me chuckle.

Changing tack, someone told me that The Pirates were called that before changing their name and making it big, one of the big groups. Can't think who it was now.

I'll try & find out.

J

Guest Trevski

Trevski,

Changing tack, someone told me that The Pirates were called that before changing their name and making it big, one of the big groups. Can't think who it was now.

I'll try & find out.

link

Could be a Motown group It's a Jobete record, and I'm thinking Mel-o-dy was an early subsiduary label? Can't beat the Valances sleeve tho'!!! :thumbsup::):(

Edited by Trevski

Could be a Motown group It's a Jobete record, and I'm thinking Mel-o-dy was an early subsiduary label? Can't beat the Valances sleeve tho'!!! :thumbsup:   :)   :(

link

Can't remember if it was a femme band. If it was, my spider senses tell me it's the Supremes pre-Diana.

If it was a blurk band, then something along the lines of the Temps.

Like you said, the Vallances sleeve goes for several figures these days....

The Pirates were an early version of The Temptations. The Mel-0-dy 45 is from 1962.

link

Thanks, Stat-o!!

Knew it was one of the two. Got it right with the Temps.

Couldn't remember if was male/female. Only listened to it once and remember thinking I knew they went on to be somone else.

Thanks gang.

Even with all our silliness, we still know STUFF :thumbsup:

Edited by Jamie

In fact, just thinking about it, I spoke to Rich about it and I think he said they were a pre-runner to one of the big Motown bands.

I think I read an article somewhere and remember thinking 'Pirates' Ah! when we were doing the Pirate Avatars.

J

In fact, just thinking about it, I spoke to Rich about it and I think he said they were a pre-runner to one of the big Motown bands.

I think I read an article somewhere and remember thinking 'Pirates' Ah! when we were doing the Pirate Avatars.

J

link

You actually mentioned the record way back then if i remember rightly Jamie.

You actually mentioned the record way back then if i remember rightly Jamie.

link

I think you're right mate. I gave it to Trevski as a Thank-You for giving me a copy of Milly McLane on 'Soulville' label.

Very nice it was too.

Cheers Trevski! :thumbsup: