Chuck Cockerham Current Value

Have a copy in what I'd call VG/- condition, not too many on Popsike so would appreciate some realistic price guides for this grade. Disc has a couple of feelable scratches both sides and general signs of wear and tear. Looks a bit shinier than it is due to the window light on the vinyl. Pics and sound file are from my copy to help grade/price, thanks in advance! 

25224702-df7.JPG

25224705-be2.JPG

25224691-03b.JPG

25224686-bfa.JPG

25224668-838.JPG

25224671-45d.JPG

25224678-a6a.JPG

25224683-733.JPG

https://www.divshare.com/download/25232101-c78

https://www.divshare.com/download/25232114-960

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I haven't heard the sound file yet but would have to agree with Dave.  But if something like the Constellations is £1000 and this plays ok then who knows if someone who wants it badly.  The whole market is all over the place with people paying mint prices for records far from mint.  This is a genuine rarity, rarely up for sale and alway in-demand, wouldn't surprise me if it fetched £1k. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest trickbag
  • Price:
    • $1750.00 USD
    • $1743.35 AUD
    • $1754.55 CAD
    • €1353.10 EUR
    • £1087.63 GBP
    • Â¥139885.73 JPY
  • Start Date: May 05, 2012
  • End Date: May 12, 2012
  • Bids: 9
  • Seller Feedback: 9854
  • Buyer Feedback: 464
251055023237.jpg            

HEAR ULTRA RARE NORTHERN Chuck Cockerham - Have I got a right

Item
Details

Chuck Cockerham - Mala 12,036 - Have I got a right b/w Hey there.  A pretty decent (VG) promo copy, has plenty of shine left, b-side has a 1/2" scratch at intro which plays with clicks, a-side plays nice and clean on my low-end system.  Looks like last copy of this ran on ebay in 2008, sold for $1,600.  We'll ship this via Priority Insured mail, shipping is free.

the only one on frenzy'

ricky.

Social source share

About 1400ukp...was mint tho. I can't see the pictures Clearly or hear the soundfile on my crap mobile.will have a look and listen when I get home

Having just heard the actual 45 in Question ,although still probably a enjoyable copy to dj with ,it has a persistent hissy noise throughout the full play surface ,so i'd have to rescind my last post and say ..if JM's auction last auction copy hit £1300 + then this is definitely not a £1k copy :(

But that's not to say someone out there is not gonna pay more for it than it's worth ,so if it were me ..i'd put it up for best offer and see where it goes :g:

P.s ,if anyone asks the question about the common clich'e .. "ok to dj with " ,imho a lot of records that sound crackly or clicky at home ,actually sound a lot better over a loud system in a busy room where people are up dancing and also a lot of folk are talking too loud :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

About 1400ukp...was mint tho. I can't see the pictures Clearly or hear the soundfile on my crap mobile.will have a look and listen when I get home

I think that is cheap for a record that is far rarer than many records that achieve far more on auction.  Maybe it isn't in vogue enough for some as they don't hear it at every venue.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sorry for coming in a bit late on this but really appreciate the advice/comments, I want to move this 45 on so will post up in sales later tonight for best offers and leave it open until next Tuesday 10pm. There's been a couple of members get in touch already with fair offers so will start at that. Like Nev said there's some static/styrene wear that shows up on my low end USB turntable, I know from previous experience that different stylus's can sit higher or lower in the groove and you can get different playback results so there may be a chance for it to play cleaner on a different/narrower stylus but there's NO guarantees!

Thanks again for the much appreciated opinions and advice :)  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!