Richard

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi all

Could anyone give me an idea of prices I should expect to pay for a DJ copy of The Sweethearts This Couldn't Be Me/No More Tears on Kent and also a DJ copy of Sam & Dave You Ain't No Big Thing Baby on Roulette.

Thanks

Richard

link

Saw the Sweethearts at £200 (issue) on his JM site, didn't think it was this much personally.

Sam & Dave £20ish?

Social source share

My God, I sell the Sweethearts for £40, it's not even rare!  Sam & Dave came out on UK King I think, not even worth £20 on that label.

link

I thought it was a relative cheapie Pete. Must say I have seen it for a ton though.

BTW who's got the first best taste on Soul Source??? whistling.gif

Social source share

Ha ha, I was just waiting for someone to ask me that before I changed it, someone always does...you win a special cd of Lorraine Silver's greatest hits whistling.gif

As for The Sweethearts, ask Mick Smith how much he sells it for, bet he says the same as me. There's one on Ebay as we speak...

Social source share

The UK King release is a different take, it has a hammond break mid way through and the vocal is slightly different. The Roulette version is much better IMHO.

If my memory serves my right I think the Roulette release came out in 1963 and on King was 1966 .

Cheers

Richard

Edited by richard
Social source share

There's a UK King lp as well...quite rare...not great

link

That's right and it has You Ain't No Big Thing Baby on it but that's still the alternate take, I think the LP was also (re)issued on Major Minor, in fact I seem to remember reading it was the 1st LP released on Major Minor

Social source share

Guest micksmith

My God, I sell the Sweethearts for £40, it's not even rare!  Sam & Dave came out on UK King I think, not even worth £20 on that label.

link

IT BUGS ME TO SAY BUT I AGREE WITH PETE.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!