Boot Leg Lp

Just going through some LPs and came across this bootleg LP, All night long. What a great LP bought back in the early 80s, all the top tunes of the day, some still with their cover up titles and it made think what a great mix of 60s and modern was played at venues then, I don't think I've seen a copy for sale since I bought it, anyway here's the track listing.

Deadbeats No second chance

William Powell Heartache souvenirs 

Profesionals That's why I love you

The Q That's the way

Court Davis Try to think what you're  doing

Seven Souls I still love you

John and the Weirdest Cant get over these memories

Ty Karim lighten up 

Cheryl Burdell Giving all to you

Doug Parkinson Ill be around

Jan Jones Independant woman

Charles Johnson Never had a love so good

Tyrone Barcley  Man of value

Otis Clay The only way is up

Roy Dawson Over the top

yep still got one of these, pretty sure I got it off tony just in underground market. 

Edited by Soultown andy
Social source share

Anybody remember one called 'All Night Oldies' - 1977-ish?

My made taped it for me when I was a kid and it had some crackers on it, all new to me at the time, It Ain't Necessary, Hide Nor Hair, Compared To What, I'lll Be There, Colalined Baby etc.. Played the tape so many times you could eventually hear the music on the other side being played backwards!

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Anybody remember one called 'All Night Oldies' - 1977-ish?

My made taped it for me when I was a kid and it had some crackers on it, all new to me at the time, It Ain't Necessary, Hide Nor Hair, Compared To What, I'lll Be There, Colalined Baby etc.. Played the tape so many times you could eventually hear the music on the other side being played backwards!

Yes, still got this as well as wvon, anyone remember the lp with black and white cover drawing  of a guy on a scooter giving a topless girl a backie ? !! Had professionals, majestics etc on it ?

Better stop now or youll get me started on Dick Coombes tapes !

Social source share

All Night Long was great. Well one side of it was anyway.  The second side of mine remains mint LOL They pulled a fast one sort of, they had excess sleeves so the pressed up a totally different LP with things like You Want To Change Me on it, and sold it in the original's album cover, with a photocopied insert inside the sleeve with the real tracks.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

TALKING BOOTLEG ALBUMS I PICKED THIS UP A FEW YEARS AGO ANYBODY KNOW WHERE IT WAS KNOCKED UP

Would imagine it was a 90,s thing when all those white label Motown boots turned up. Don't know where they came from though.  Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes, still got this as well as wvon, anyone remember the lp with black and white cover drawing  of a guy on a scooter giving a topless girl a backie ? !! Had professionals, majestics etc on it ?

Better stop now or youll get me started on Dick Coombes tapes !

Called "Nite Life" weren't it? great stuff.

Social source share

yep, great album. Could have been Sir Dickies playlist at the time. I have one too.

They do come up for sale - I think Dave Rimmer or Ted Massey had one for sale a while back - £20. 

Peter

There are half dozen for sale on discogs. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Remember buying this I don't collect LP's but this one I had to get just for the cover ups at the time phantom Janitor deadbeats & the James Lewis That's the way plus other top titles

Social source share

Still got one of these somewhere & it's probably not seen a needle for about 30+ years. Remember some having a fault on the Deadbeats that jumped like a kangaroo but others played through clean.

Anyone shed any light on who was behind them.

Social source share

Cunnie, on 02 Mar 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Still got one of these somewhere & it's probably not seen a needle for about 30+ years. Remember some having a fault on the Deadbeats that jumped like a kangaroo but others played through clean.

Anyone shed any light on who was behind them.

Hi Martin

We've asked that question before I think and whilst it appeared that quite a few people on here were in the know none of them appeared to be willing to say.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Martin

We've asked that question before I think and whilst it appeared that quite a few people on here were in the know none of them appeared to be willing to say.

Peter

When you look at the track-listing one name jumps out at you but he wouldn't involve himself in anything like that, would he.....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Cunnie, on 02 Mar 2014 - 2:28 PM, said:

When you look at the track-listing one name jumps out at you but he wouldn't involve himself in anything like that, would he.....

Like I said in my first post it's pretty much Sir Dickies playlist isn't it. I'm pretty it wasn't him though.

Social source share

I got my copy from Siren Records in the Strand Arcade, Derby. Not sure how they came by stocking it. IIRC it came out after Wigan closed - winter of 1981/2.  The big omission was Don Gardner's Cheatin' Kind. Not sure why that wasn't included.

Social source share

yeah great lp bud,got mine at nottingham oddfellows early 80s,theres a few on here who got this,like u say great lp with some rare 60s and rare modern

jason

Yep same here got mine at Oddfelllows too...still got it....mine jumps on Deadbeats too...and Professionals going by memory. Mind you in early days of getting vinyl to mp3 pre youtube...I remember angling turntable about 30 degrees...so stylus playing uphill and what you know..... perfect mp3 of Deadbeats....   :) ...give it a try :D

On the mystery compiler....my mate carlos63 on here has sent me a copy of his sleeve on his copy bought same time....maybe a clue Paul? :wicked:

And mine was a tenner not fiver...I was done lol

post-397-0-09525200-1394058079_thumb.jpg

Edited by soulechoes
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!