Never Too Old

Sal

.......to come across something you've not heard before. Never knew that Marvin Gaye had done this vocal version of Earl van Dykes *All For You"......one of my favourite instrumentals. Like it  :thumbsup:

Social source share

came with a book released about 3-4 years ago published by NEIL RUSHTON  the other side of the single was "trust in me " JACKIE ROSS ...the issue came with book  a bit hard to find  ......  .demo easy to find  plenty out there

two great sides......

• Helpful 1
Social source share

After all these years I'm forever coming across new stuff on Soul Source thanks to the links everyone puts up (including the above) - it's a constant source (ahem) of pleasure.

I now have a massive list of wants that I'll never be able to complete!

God look at the time - go to bed, Stu.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Jimmy Ruffins is far better to my ear's only released on that cellar full of Motown a few year ago I believe

Bazza  :hatsoff2:

Just listened to that track Bazza, and yeah, like that just as much as the Marvin Gaye one. Can't believe I've never heard either one of these before because "All For You" has been one of my favourite instrumentals for years and years. Soul music......can one person EVER get to hear every single track out there in their lifetime???  :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest FrostyJak

Jimmy Ruffins is far better to my ear's only released on that cellar full of Motown a few year ago I believe

Bazza  :hatsoff2:

Also to be found on The Ultimate Motown Collection :thumbsup:

Social source share

Was first released as a 7" single in the UK in 1994 on official Motown label with a picture sleeve TMG 1426. Radio edit on A side with Pure Soul Mix on B side. It was released to coincide with the CD release 'Very Best Of Marvin Gaye'. It is probably quite scarce now, hard to believe it was 20 years ago. But at the time I think it even flirted with the charts - Woolworths certainly had stocks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!