Shades Down

Is there a vocal version to 'Shades Down', the instrumental flip of The Detroit Emeralds 'Ode To Billy Jo' on Ric Tic?

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sounds great don't it! Obviously instrumental is not Detroit Emeralds, more than likely be San Remo Strings or Al Kent Orchestra....sounds a lot like 'Festival Time'.

Great innit? I love all the Detroit Emeralds Ric Tic sides and I love these type of Detroit instrumentals... so no one knows of a vocal version or just nobody gives a shit? :(:rolleyes:

Social source share

There's a vocal version somewhere, you can be sure of that! Look out for it on one of those Goldmine/Soul Supply/Kent CDs of unissued Detroit stuff....come to think of it, can't recall anybody doing a CD of RIC-TIC stuff...issued or unissued, suppose it's because Motown own the rights....think it's Spectrum who release the Motown CDs. Bastards aint got no time for RIC-TIC, just reissues of 'Baby Love' et all.

Social source share

There's a vocal version somewhere, you can be sure of that! Look out for it on one of those Goldmine/Soul Supply/Kent CDs of unissued Detroit stuff....come to think of it, can't recall anybody doing a CD of RIC-TIC stuff...issued or unissued, suppose it's because Motown own the rights....think it's Spectrum who release the Motown CDs. Bastards aint got no time for RIC-TIC, just reissues of 'Baby Love' et all.

Hi

As far as I know, only a handful of tracks have made it onto CD and you have to buy various CD's to get them.

What happened to "Ric-Tic Relics" has that album ever made it to CD?

STML 11232

A Side

1 Edwin Starr - Agent Double O Soul (Instrumental)

2 J. J. Barnes - I Ain't Gonna Do It

3 Laura Lee - To Win Your Heart

4 San Remo Golden Strings - Hungry For Your Love

5 Edwin Starr - Stop Her On Sight (S.O.S.)

6 Mark III Trio - G'Wan (Go On)

7 J. J. Barnes - Say It

8 Edwin Starr - Back Street

B Side

1 J. J. Barnes - Real Humdinger

2 Al Kent - You Gotta Pay The Price

3 Edwin Starr - Harlem

4 J. J. Barnes - Day Tripper

5 San Remo Golden Strings - Festival Time

6 Fantastic Four - Can't Stop Looking For My Baby

7 J. J. Barnes - Please Let Me In

8 Al Kent - Ooh Pretty Lady

I can't say that I have ever seen one.

A CD dedicated to Ric-Tic & A CD dedicated to Golden World etc - Long Overdue In My Opinion.

If they simply released every A & B'Side on Multiple CD's - They couldn't miss.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I'm quite happy with the ongoing "Complete Motown Singles" box-set series. Volume 5 will be released any day now and it contains ALL a and b sides from 1965. There's no Ric-Tic/Golden World stuff on there, but as far as reissues of Motown stuff goes, I think I'll be pretty satisfied with these box-sets when they've reached 1972 in a couple of years. Check them out if you haven't seen them:

https://www.soulmusic.com/completemotownsingles.htm

Top stuff! :unsure:

As for unissued stuff... now that's a different story. blush.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!