Question About The Possessions You & Your Lies ?

Hey there, Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the early 60's group The Possessions? they seem to be listed as soul but also as doo wop and early rock & roll? I recently bought a nice original copy of You & your lies b/w No more love on Britton records on blue vinyl. I haven't recieved the record yet so I don't know what it sounds like. I bought it on a recomendation. anyone know if there are any sound clips of this record out there? I see it going for £25-£30 out there I got mine for £5.50. Just curious for a little info?

Cheers!

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

"You & Your Lies" by The Possessions was released in 1964 on two labels; Britton, and Parkway. I think the Parkway release is slightly rarer, seling for about £40.

If you like group harmony vocals from the early '60s, you will be happy with this.

Stock copies on Britton sell for around £25, but your blue vinyl copy goes for around the £50 mark. I haven't actually heard the Parkway release, and don't know if it's the same as the Britton release, but copies on Britton are of very poor sound quality.

Hope this helps.

Gene

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!