Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

38 minutes ago, Northern Soul UK said:

Bit daft when there's 8 others for sale on Discogs from £190 in Mint- condition,  which I think is still over priced !

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/540832607

Edited by Ray Copley
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, mickjay33 said:

wow must be mad

Surely not. According to the seller it would make a nice addition to anyone's collection. And just to reassure any buyer that they're getting a good deal the dodgy bastard  the top notch seller has got a 99.7% feedback - I mean, why wouldn't you buy with confidence.

:wicked:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Surely not. According to the seller it would make a nice addition to anyone's collection. And just to reassure any buyer that they're getting a good deal the dodgy bastard  the top notch seller has got a 99.7% feedback - I mean, why wouldn't you buy with confidence.

:wicked:

Check out his other items, he has more of these!

Social source share

2 hours ago, Kegsy said:

Not your usual Ebay nonsense, this is a set sale on Discogs

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4328322?ev=rb

Edit....      After looking at what else he is selling there are plenty more laughs to be had, just get his full listing up and sort by price highest first.

goodness me 17 thousand +  must be a clerical mistake 

Social source share

WHILST THIS THREAD USUALLY HIGHLIGHTS DUMB SELLERS, HERE'S THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN.

A 45 I WANTED WAS $15 EBAY SET SALE. HOPED TO GET FOR AROUND $10.

BID AS SUCH TONIGHT.

FOUR MORONS ALL BID MORE THAN THE PRICE OF THE SET SALE COPY.

I BOUGHT THE SET SALE COPY. THE GUY WHO WON THE AUCTION COPY MORE OR LESS PAID TWICE AS MUCH.

Edited by modernsoulsucks
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 24/01/2018 at 11:09, Northern Soul UK said:

This seller must be on another planet,Certainly not on the same planet as Planet Records
Chuck Wood ‎– Seven Days Too Long  MOJO £285.00 
Spyder Turner ‎– I Can't Make It Anymore £375.00
Edwin Starr ‎– Time / Running Back And Forth TMG 725 £425.00

Edited by Brummie
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, modernsoulsucks said:

WHILST THIS THREAD USUALLY HIGHLIGHTS DUMB SELLERS, HERE'S THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN.

BID AS SUCH TONIGHT.

I BOUGHT THE SET SALE COPY. THE GUY WHO WON THE AUCTION COPY MORE OR LESS PAID TWICE AS MUCH.

Comedy Buyer of the Day ? seriously it pays to check, discogs, record stacks and even e bay with the similar items .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

15 hours ago, modernsoulsucks said:

BID AS SUCH TONIGHT.

On the other side of the coin to the unscrupulous sellers.....

I put a derisory bid of 1.99 (the minimum) for a NM Mongo Santamaria LP recently, surprisingly I won. The bloke must have expecting more for it and had listed it as free postage, so after paying to send it me he would have been one or two quid down. :thumbsup:

Social source share

On 30/01/2018 at 08:01, Brummie said:

This seller must be on another planet,Certainly not on the same planet as Planet Records
Chuck Wood ‎– Seven Days Too Long  MOJO £285.00 
Spyder Turner ‎– I Can't Make It Anymore £375.00
Edwin Starr ‎– Time / Running Back And Forth TMG 725 £425.00

Mmmmm, quite fancy that Chuck Wood at £285..... an absolute steal!

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
43 minutes ago, HILL868 said:

Mmmmm, quite fancy that Chuck Wood at £285..... an absolute steal!

but is it the proper original Mojo re-issue ? or just the US knock off on Roulette?

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
41 minutes ago, illusive said:

Well I figured that much out for myself. But given that there a thousands of records identified on this thread I thought you might wanna point out which one you were referring too 🙄

all a bit childish for me

Social source share

8 hours ago, illusive said:

What is? Asking a legitimate question about a posters comment to understand his previous remark "well it sold" ? 

And why get involved if you've nothing constructive to add ? 

8 hours ago, illusive said:

all a bit childish for me

OK if you tell everybody what you are talking/printing about, But shufflin is right we don't have a clue what you are moaning about

Social source share

6 hours ago, gogs said:

OK if you tell everybody what you are talking/printing about, But shufflin is right we don't have a clue what you are moaning about

why the tone Gogs?

it reads to me as if @illusive is just asking @SOULMAN62 if he's condoning one of these 'comedy' sellers antics 

could be wrong I guess but seems fairly obvious to me whats going on here

Social source share

On 29/01/2018 at 22:23, modernsoulsucks said:

BID AS SUCH TONIGHT.

This is common with quite a few big auction seller’s buyers. In some cases there are a few hundred dollars involved, more if you calculate the difference in grading. Ie auction copy at Vg goes for 400 yet there’s one for 200 at m-.

I’ve seen it happen where both copies are with the same seller. 

People are dumb. 

Social source share

23 minutes ago, JNixon said:

This is common with quite a few big auction seller’s buyers. In some cases there are a few hundred dollars involved, more if you calculate the difference in grading. Ie auction copy at Vg goes for 400 yet there’s one for 200 at m-.

I’ve seen it happen where both copies are with the same seller. 

People are dumb. 

Yes i see this a lot as well.

i've seen a few 45s go for what i think is a crazy price but its certainly not all copies.  Bigger more high profile sellers with larger listings seem to get the best prices which is not too surprising really.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

D/J,

YES, I NOTICE THAT TOO RE REGULAR LARGE LIST SELLERS WHO EITHER PRE-ADVERTISE ON HERE, FB [I GUESS AS IM NOT ON IT] OR VIA EMAIL.

NOT GOING TO NAME NAMES BUT IM AT A LOSS TO UNDERSTAND HOW THEY DO IT.

I LOOK THROUGH THEIR STUFF, BOTH ALBUMS AND 45'S, AND CONDITION IS OFTEN GRADED VG+ ON AVERAGE AND EVEN THEN FROM PICTURES SUPPLIED THAT COULD BE DEBATABLE. AND YET ATTRACT IMO HIGH BIDS.

I HAVE SEEN MEMBERS ON HERE, WHO HAVE BOUGHT, SAY YES SO AND SO'S RECORDS ARE GOOD CONDITION BUT I PUT THAT DOWN TO THE FACT THAT THEY'RE NOT THAT FUSSY. I LIKE MINT !

Social source share

8 hours ago, mike said:

why the tone Gogs?

it reads to me as if @illusive is just asking @SOULMAN62 if he's condoning one of these 'comedy' sellers antics 

Spot on Mike. I simply wanted to know what particular record the poster was referring to when he stated "well it sold"

Social source share

11 hours ago, mike said:

why the tone Gogs?

Sorry Mike didn't mean it to have a "tone", maybe i'm just having a senior moment but i really couldn't follow his posts.

Social source share

On 09/02/2018 at 20:55, illusive said:

Well I figured that much out for myself. But given that there a thousands of records identified on this thread I thought you might wanna point out which one you were referring too 🙄

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mike-Pedicin-Burnt-Toast-And-Black-Coffee-Northern-Soul-Rare-RnB/172984277397?hash=item2846aa9995:g:S0IAAOSwu0ZaDcod

Edited by SOULMAN62
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!