Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

While on on posting, here's an odd one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330672942946+#ht_500wt_1092

Love this record, not quite sure what you'd do with an analogue master tape.......bootleg maybe :shhh:

Aid.

Hardly a comedy sale is it? You don't need the tape to do a bootleg, not stopped the bootleggers yet. As said plenty of talk already on Soul Source about it.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy
Guest allnightandy

Seen this on a dealers site on at £10.00.Today.

If ya can`t be bothered to look then ya pays the price-literally!

theres one went off this week £8.50 no bids
Social source share

Weird isn't it, I listed the first pressing, the two shields design lookalike, for set sale this week and I've still got it - was expensive (for me), think it was £20, but not half as expensive as those on ebay!

Bizarre, because that's the one you'd expect to fetch the most, not some really badly printed, cheap looking job like those with Dee Dee Sharp on the other side.

Is there any way of telling where the bidders are from? Just which Country even?

Can you put things up for sale on german ebay or whatever, rather than ebay.co.uk and have items show up more in the country you were logged into more than the UK or US?

I really can't understand why people do this with pressings, because you can always find the same thing cheaper on Ebay as well!

Social source share

I'd hazard a guess the Yvonne Baker/Dee Dee Sharp's are being raised by shill bidding. Imagine they got 10 or 20 of 'em to sell, bump one or two up in price and then hope that a few unsuspecting punters buy their next listings for £9.99 or whatever they list 'em at.

Put it this way, if I put one of them up at a start price of 99p, I'm pretty certain I wouldn't get much more than a quid for it.

Social source share

This from me if he had it on that label it would be worth a fortune LOL

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c29a6f1f

more and more I've been seeing the wrong photos associated with the wrong items, like a photo that goes with one listing is duplicated in another. I don't know if it's all due to user error, if there is some process thing when listing that makes it more likely, or if there's a straight bug on ebay that causes it. I have been seeing it a lot recently.

Social source share

more and more I've been seeing the wrong photos associated with the wrong items, like a photo that goes with one listing is duplicated in another. I don't know if it's all due to user error, if there is some process thing when listing that makes it more likely, or if there's a straight bug on ebay that causes it. I have been seeing it a lot recently.

It's a bug, happened to me loads of time, always when using internet explorer to list, you type a new description but when you save it, it repeats the previous one

Social source share

Nobody is going to beat this one today

https://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_3351wt_1398

Nobody is going to beat this one today

https://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_3351wt_1398

HI PETE There are a few records well 4 on John Peels marmalade label all the Julie driscals have good b sides, try the b side of this wheels on fire, just in case you have not botherd as far as IO am aware you would find that record ok. in that state with no demand £3 i have a demo of wheels on fire? rare record CHEERS MR DAVE 60
Social source share

HI PETE There are a few records well 4 on John Peels marmalade label all the Julie driscals have good b sides, try the b side of this wheels on fire, just in case you have not botherd as far as IO am aware you would find that record ok. in that state with no demand £3 i have a demo of wheels on fire? rare record CHEERS MR DAVE 60

You are mixing it up with Dandelion Dave, that was Peel's label. I know the Julie Driscoll record A Kind Of Love In. Of course the sister label to Marmalade was Toast, there are a few good records on that label. The only thing I've got on Marmalade is the Blossom Toes LP.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:shhh: HI Just rememberd the pirates were of course Johnny Kidds backing group put together by Joe Meek hit record I'll never get over you? in the 70s they played good punk rock in fact they were so good, I saw them live at the lower bar in Wolves Poly 19 79, if I can remember the record is a bit like african velvit, top record and a DJ has done what I used to do as a lad. pretend that I was the SOUND MAN. IN IT? DAVE I WOULD BUY IT IT BUT NO MONEY,

:g: YES I MUXED UP AGAIN AS I AINT GOT ANY FOOD, MUST HAVE ME OATS :ohmy:

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

HI Just rememberd the pirates were of course Johnny Kidds backing group put together by Joe Meek hit record I'll never get over you? in the 70s they played good punk rock in fact they were so good, I saw them live at the lower bar in Wolves Poly 19 79, if I can remember the record is a bit like african velvit, top record and a DJ has done what I used to do as a lad. pretend that I was the SOUND MAN. IN IT? DAVE I WOULD BUY IT IT BUT NO MONEY,

That record I was listing was We Love The Pirates by The Roaring 60's who were apparently the band Family. It was in support of the pirate radio stations.

Social source share

£60 for a Fidels bootleg...no attempt to say whether original or reissue

https://www.ebay.co.u...7#ht_500wt_1413

That guy had a Vel-Vets original issue in a page full of pressings with a 99p starting price, it got withdrawn within 24 hours. sure he had a Yum Yums demo that looked like a pressing that was up to about £60 as well, asked for details of matrix stamps etc but never replied

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

That guy had a Vel-Vets original issue in a page full of pressings with a 99p starting price, it got withdrawn within 24 hours. sure he had a Yum Yums demo that looked like a pressing that was up to about £60 as well, asked for details of matrix stamps etc but never replied

There was an ABC demo of the "Big Thing" Yum Yums on last week for 99p starting but it got whithdrawn !

Yep same guy !

https://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

andy

if you look at the top of this yum yums post page . it's the same guy with the scotts on swingers stock copy amongst others

he is now the official Comedian seller of the day

looking through the rest of his offerings he has a lou ragland WB demo on at £2.20 at the mo which i assume is original

but his most sought after record is an obvious boot of Hoagy Lands !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOAGY-LANDS-NEXT-LINE-ORIGINAL-LAURIE-RECORDS-DEMO-WHITE-/190633303282?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2c62a15cf2

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

That record I was listing was We Love The Pirates by The Roaring 60's who were apparently the band Family. It was in support of the pirate radio stations.

:hatsoff2: HI PETE

DO YOU REALY THINK I READ THE POSTS, as I dont, reading and writing for me is a challange, and i lose the focus, many many times I write things, only to find out that i have left out bits, the brain moves on and you see a load of garbadge, plus I have broke my specks.?

The good thing in my jouny

ey of serendipity as fate dictates were we are going , you have to recognise the link, as you may know I was a BIG L FRA member in 64/5 and have a passion for Radio CAROLINE BRITONS 1st comercil RADIO Station, CAROLINE THE SOUND OF THE NATION on 259 metres.

And now you have told me the record, indeed it was a ROGER CHAPMAN record who use to go to the Night Owl in Liecester, and the inventer of the stahe PA called a Foldback System the group Family were the very 1st group in the world to be able to hear what they were playing when I worked as a part time roadie the average group would use a WEM 5 channel mixer, the WHo was the loudest band to play the Marquee Club Kicking out an amazing 200 watt of power Yes 200 watt using a t100 watt wem amp and a slave amp of 100 watts wow, see the link, someone out there is thinking 200 watts most groups relied on inderviidual combos,

I defenantley am going to start a new thread were it's ok to speak about the scene and here what others think or something like the did you know this fact on the soul source fact or to debate, have your daily interesting questions answerd by 2 WOLVERHAMPTON DO YOU KNOW WHY THINGS GO DARKER WHEN WET? :ohmy: i MISS THE OLD THREAD ON JA MUSIC, :wicked: T RAS SLOW REGGAE?

Social source share

I was watching a 45 he had for sale last week :

Teddy Randazzo https://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1413

It had bids on it, and it looks like he pulls them at the last minute if it does look as if it will reach what he wants.

Plus it looks as if he will only accept postal orders.

David

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I thought his Yum Yums looked genuine

but the strange thing is No paypal just postal orders or cheques

i don't think you have any come back with ebay if you don't use paypal

i thought he might collect the money and run ?

as i say some of these records look genuine ?

his phone number is a Manchester number Someone should give him a bell !

Just checked his feedback he has not been active for a full 12 months ?

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!