Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

Guest allnightandy

This is getting beyond a joke these records have the cheapest tacky labels so far

and it looks like this guy has just set up his own pressing plant

I hope he has permission to press these records if not

then i hope he has better lawyers than Berry Gordy as at least one of his records is a Motown Cut

Gloria Jones Tainted Love Must be the most repressed ? Booted record in history

yet there are no end of idiots who will bid for it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gloria-Jones-Tainted-Love-/320835247364?pt=UK_Records&hash=item4ab3455d04

God When will it end ?

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Guest souljack

I thought his Yum Yums looked genuine

but the strange thing is No paypal just postal orders or cheques

i don't think you have any come back with ebay if you don't use paypal

i thought he might collect the money and run ?

as i say some of these records look genuine ?

his phone number is a Manchester number Someone should give him a bell !

Just checked his feedback he has not been active for a full 12 months ?

ive bought records from him in the past and always genuine article never had any problems with the guy
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

ive bought records from him in the past and always genuine article never had any problems with the guy

WoW ! i thought they looked genuine

he's taking a risk starting them at 99p as i think it costs you to withdrawer an item ?

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

yeah those prices are an absolute joke, I auctioned some 2 weeks back and the average price was £10 or less, in fact I set-saled them the week before, that delites was £30 and it didn't sell. I sold Nabay for £40 last week. Morris Chestnut demo, £25. Betty Boo demo £30. So most are half those ebay prices and still didn't sell.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

yeah those prices are an absolute joke, I auctioned some 2 weeks back and the average price was £10 or less, in fact I set-saled them the week before, that delites was £30 and it didn't sell. I sold Nabay for £40 last week. Morris Chestnut demo, £25. Betty Boo demo £30. So most are half those ebay prices and still didn't sell.

This guy didn't buy yours to sell on did he ?
Social source share

and I cant get a bloody decent price for Original records , this week I got bugger all as usual ! Not rare I admit but most booked at 25-50 quid that I sold and got £50 for 5!

I might as well but some Boots off Pete S at his prices and put them on ebay :yes:

Barstewards !!!!!!!!

Swifty :huh:

Social source share

sold the Dena Barnes issue on Grapevine for £65 last year - and had over five people requesting for it after sale - is obviously one of the rare issues ....

Wow, result! I'd still only value it at £25 though! I don't think ANY Grapevine is worth more than £50 - and I have them all.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I've just seen so many of these grapevine pressings over the years

i have always looked at them as records anybody can buy as a reissue

thus i thought they were only worth a couple of quid

funny old game this record collecting ?

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

The Tommy Navaro is really rare, It's got Johnny Nash on the flip side ! lol

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Mmmm. 18 copies of Greg Perry "It Takes Heart" 12" listed on Discogs with the average price being somewhere between £5-10:-

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=439429&ev=rb

And the winner @ approximately 1000% uplift on the normal price is:

https://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Greg-Perry-It-Takes-Heart/48748077?ev=bp_rel_det

$125 is surely overdoing it a bit isn't it?

Ian D :D

Social source share

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a1825adcf

If Stardust is legit then this Kenny Carter 'whats that on your finger' must be worth having as there's no other vinyl release?

I bought it because of this no release on 45 I'm aware of though I thought Kent might have put it out as it is on their CD. Be interested to hear Ady's views on it didn't he find it in the RCA vaults (Pied Piper productions?). Actually after the Tempest on Stardust for the same reason - mind you hardly ever see the LP of that - mind you not for 78 quid or whatever it was!

Social source share

This Original Don Thomas on Blue VJ LOL

I have messaged him the errors of his ways see if he removes it

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item256b1e3de7

he is also selling loads of UK motown demo's all over priced like this one that books at £22

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item256b27d1ec

Was this a legit 2nd issue (Purple or pink being the 'proper' one - memeory fading!)

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Was this a legit 2nd issue (Purple or pink being the 'proper' one - memeory fading!)

Not sure on the legalities of it but i do know it's not original

there are people here who will know all the details though !

Social source share

I've just seen so many of these grapevine pressings over the years i have always looked at them as records anybody can buy as a reissue thus i thought they were only worth a couple of quid funny old game this record collecting ?

I can relate to that as feel the same way..though I suppose the Narbay is worth a few quid considering the price of the US orig. Milton Wright I must belong to you must be good value though at 6 -8 quid considering its the only legit release? I know it came out on something else but weren't they just boots given to DJ's to play?

Social source share

This ! I'd hope to get Eddie Parker on googa mooga and a coloured columbia press of George Carrow for £20 or am i out with my prices ? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEORGE-CARROW-EDDIE-PARKER-ANGEL-BABY-I-LOVE-YOU-BABY-UK-EMIDISC-acetate-/230698139093?pt=UK_Records&hash=item35b6ae3dd5

On Ebay its a bit hit and miss I find. Had to pay 23 quid ($36) for an Inferno Copy of Frank Beverly If that's what you wanted (hoping for a tenner!) ...yet got a copy of Al Gardeners Sweet Baby (Googa Mooga - great name!) and Willie Hightower for US $30 a peice, swings and roundabouts.

Social source share

I bought it because of this no release on 45 I'm aware of though I thought Kent might have put it out as it is on their CD. Be interested to hear Ady's views on it didn't he find it in the RCA vaults (Pied Piper productions?). Actually after the Tempest on Stardust for the same reason - mind you hardly ever see the LP of that - mind you not for 78 quid or whatever it was!

Stardust is a bootleg label so you might get yourself a carver, Tempests one side, Willie Kendricks the other. Saves you money.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!