Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

Guest allnightandy

I can relate to that as feel the same way..though I suppose the Narbay is worth a few quid considering the price of the US orig. Milton Wright I must belong to you must be good value though at 6 -8 quid considering its the only legit release? I know it came out on something else but weren't they just boots given to DJ's to play?

i feel the same about all reissues these days , it was ok back in the day when it was the only way to get the sounds you craved but we are not talking just second issues anymore , things like tainted love and lou pride must have been reissued six or seven times now and if you added up total sales , would probably put them in the top twenty LoL

It just seems that some people are still trying to become "Northern Soul Millionaires !

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Cheers Benji - is Carver a reissue label? Sorry a bit out of touch as in the Philippines and don't get home too often I'm afraid.

A carver is the modern day version of an emi disc...Just different material same principle

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

You're sure these Billy Butlers are fake? I mean, some original Okeh demos came in all sorts of colour and the scans look real to me. I know, seller states these are reissues....

I'm not accusing anybody of anything dodgy but and more to the point, how do people get these things pressed up.

Are they from Columbia or whoever owns the rights these days ?

Are they legitimate, do royalties get paid ?

The seller is in the UK and a member on here, he regularly lists

in sales.

Kegsy

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

You're sure these Billy Butlers are fake? I mean, some original Okeh demos came in all sorts of colour and the scans look real to me. I know, seller states these are reissues....

I only know of the purple vinyl Okeh promo's is there any other colours ?
Social source share

Now this one really is comedy, it's a no centre knackered copy of The Showstoppers - Ain't Nothing But A Houseparty, a record which, in that condition, I would probably charge £3 for at the most. Wait til you see the price..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHOW-STOPPERS-Aint-Nothing-But-House-Part-Rare-1960s-UK-7-Single-/330661383500?pt=UK_Records&hash=item4cfcf44d4c#ht_802wt_1165

Social source share

Now this one really is comedy, it's a no centre knackered copy of The Showstoppers - Ain't Nothing But A Houseparty, a record which, in that condition, I would probably charge £3 for at the most. Wait til you see the price..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHOW-STOPPERS-Aint-Nothing-But-House-Part-Rare-1960s-UK-7-Single-/330661383500?pt=UK_Records&hash=item4cfcf44d4c#ht_802wt_1165

. Looked at his other items he's got Michael Jackson rockin robin for £50.00 lol lol Edited by sheldonsoul
Social source share

Rarer version of the local label issue (blue) and in pretty good nick - they are usually on the green label and totally clattered....

Doesn't seem that OTT to me.

even if it was too expensive, a sort of overpriced record isn't a "comedy sale". That's cheaper than it would be on some of the soul source users' websites.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Rarer version of the local label issue (blue) and in pretty good nick - they are usually on the green label and totally clattered....

Doesn't seem that OTT to me.

I looked on popsyke before posting , the dearest one was £80 and next $120 of the 60 copies there is an even split on colour

i have never heard one is worth more than the other ?

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

even if it was too expensive, a sort of overpriced record isn't a "comedy sale". That's cheaper than it would be on some of the soul source users' websites.

The comedey sale eliment can also be attached to the buyer Edited by allnightandy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I looked on popsyke before posting , the dearest one was £80 and next $120 of the 60 copies there is an even split on colour

Bit surprised at that, seen this go for much more and have sold it for £100 a few times myself (sold the greenish label one on demo for £150)

Social source share

Bit surprised at that, seen this go for much more and have sold it for £100 a few times myself (sold the greenish label one on demo for £150)

In my experience, the blue is much less common than green. If it's different in the UK, they may have been imported more as blue. Either way, I don't know if it makes a price difference.

Social source share

Popsyke is a great tool, however you have to look at each individual auction to check condition - 20 worn copies going through at $30 each can skew the average price greatly.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Popsyke is a great tool, however you have to look at each individual auction to check condition - 20 worn copies going through at $30 each can skew the average price greatly.

No i agree , it's just that i have always looked upon it as a £40 sound !

just a thought , it must be on crap Styrene as nearly every copy is F**ked !

Social source share

:rofl: HI ALL I like this thread, so my comments about this are so that I don't forget this site is for sharing info, not a off shoot of EBay.

the question from BLAKE H in "what's in your box" looks like this to me :- I have a rare record, what's it worth? that's OK, but the bit that I find comical he does not want any one else to find out? why! because he wants to sell it, :D So Soulful that he is with this info he is not prepared to share? :g: should he be told the truth or be mugged? as he just wants to sell it back to the most eager person that gives him a high value and has not got it! :thumbsup: This is a classic muggers trick! I just want to no what mug buts it? for a bigger laugh :shhh: DAVE 69

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

If the record isn't bad enough listen to the sound clip !

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c62f4e60d

Oh dear ! LoL

And this , wasn't this in the charts ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Northern-Soul-45-ISLEY-BROTHERS-UNITED-ARTISTS-Whos-Lady-promo-LISTEN-/200712128958?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2ebb6009be

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!