Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

Guest east rob

Did it though? It was on a 80s or 90s stateside comp, but never seen or heard of a UK stateside 45? Just UA 45, not on any Isleys album. It was a flop so they started their own label after this 45 and UA one album, unless anyone knows any different of course!

Cheers Sutty

I refer you to reply #272 :P

Social source share

Sorry mate, but photos are exactly the same record. The chances of the drill whole being in exactly the same place on two different records is perhaps thousands to one and then there's the mark above the W of Jewel in both pics.

How can you tell it's obviously been in a jukebox, or am I missing summat ?

That ring mark on the label is the mark of being picked up by a juke box arm. Hadn't looked at the drill hole position so maybe it is the same record in each photo - it isn't Mint though :D

Social source share

"BOTH LABELS HAVE WRITING" :lol:

I think he should have stated it once belonged to Doris

also, it's funny that Doris' initial writing her name all over the label faded somehow so she rewrote it even more on the label. so there's two layers of Dorises

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

also, it's funny that Doris' initial writing her name all over the label faded somehow so she rewrote it even more on the label. so there's two layers of Dorises

Probably inherited it from her mum who also happened to be called Doris :lol:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

I don't understand, doesn't it actually say that the picture is from an older copy?

Oops, you're right. will edit my posting. overread the scan part, only read that soundfile was lifted from another copy. but anyway, why not putting up a scan of the "immaculate" copy? scanning sure doesn't harm the disc does it?

Social source share

Oops, you're right. will edit my posting. overread the scan part, only read that soundfile was lifted from another copy. but anyway, why not putting up a scan of the "immaculate" copy? scanning sure doesn't harm the disc does it?

yeah it is kind of dumb, i definitely use the picture to evaluate the auction a lot and often don't thoroughly read the text (which is how I ended up buying a cracked record that arrived a few days ago). Also, the fact that you missed it is proof that isn't that clear.

Social source share

yeah it is kind of dumb, i definitely use the picture to evaluate the auction a lot and often don't thoroughly read the text (which is how I ended up buying a cracked record that arrived a few days ago). Also, the fact that you missed it is proof that isn't that clear.

kind of dumb?

where else could you find 18 examples of their 45's?

one of the best sites on the internet imo.

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/search/Artist/FIESTAS/all/1

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I thought there was some debate about whether the ITZY press was a local Pittsburgh issue as opposed to an out-and-out boot? It's from the 60s in either case and I'm sure I've seen far more copies of the swan press than the ITZY one? 60s Swan press I mean, not the reissue in the link.

Not saying the ITZY one is worth that much though, wouldn't know to be honest.

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

I thought there was some debate about whether the ITZY press was a local Pittsburgh issue as opposed to an out-and-out boot? It's from the 60s in either case and I'm sure I've seen far more copies of the swan press than the ITZY one? 60s Swan press I mean, not the reissue in the link.

I always thought this was true.

Social source share

Just because it was a 60s label doesn't mean it was legit. Astra was from Pittsburgh as well and it was a bootleg label.

Social source share

i only counted 8 on ebay, but i probably don't have the time you have on there.

I didn't even need to look but I don't need to look to know that they'd be cheaper than on your mates' site.

And of course, it takes hours to do a job like filming record labels, so no wonder you don't have much time.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

When I make a trivial dumb mistake and someone points it out, I also get very defensive and take it as a deep personal criticism and point out 18 irrelevant ways that I am perfect.

Boba,there is no need to attack you, you obviously have some kind of mental illness and feel the need to comment on every single thread and have an opinion about everything. when i read a thread these days i actually skip past your pennys worth, because you have nothing to say of interest.

Social source share

I didn't even need to look but I don't need to look to know that they'd be cheaper than on your mates' site.

just watch out for the cracked ones...

Social source share

Boba,there is no need to attack you, you obviously have some kind of mental illness and feel the need to comment on every single thread and have an opinion about everything. when i read a thread these days i actually skip past your pennys worth, because you have nothing to say of interest.

Everybody's got some of those people though...mine is Mr. C...

Social source share

Everybody's got some of those people though...mine is Mr. C...

I was going to reply to that, but there's no real need as he wont read it :lol:

OOOhhhhhh!! the OTHER Mr C......

Edited by MrC
Social source share

You are not very bright and are just a shill for a website. You clearly have no degree of reading comprehension since if you read my first post I was DEFENDING the website you work for. You're an idiot and literally have nothing to say of interest unless it's to promote what you're here to promote. Only an idiot would have responded to my second post like you did, I was even saying that I even do things that are "kind of dumb" and you were overreacting ridiculously. You on the other hand are far beyond "kind of dumb" and can't read a simple sentence.

If you want to really "skip past my penny's worth" you could put me on ignore. But you won't because it's your job to read anything that appears slightly negative about a certain website and get huffy about it. I do appreciate your wonderful contributions to the site, pretty much the same amount I appreciate the google ads that are on the site, since they're equivalent. Your account could just as easily be replaced by an automatic robot that searches for words and spews out random irrelevant attacks.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

You are not very bright and are just a shill for a website. You clearly have no degree of reading comprehension since if you read my first post I was DEFENDING the website you work for. You're an idiot and literally have nothing to say of interest unless it's to promote what you're here to promote. Only an idiot would have responded to my second post like you did, I was even saying that I even do things that are "kind of dumb" and you were overreacting ridiculously. You on the other hand are far beyond "kind of dumb" and can't read a simple sentence.

If you want to really "skip past my penny's worth" you could put me on ignore. But you won't because it's your job to read anything that appears slightly negative about a certain website and get huffy about it. I do appreciate your wonderful contributions to the site, pretty much the same amount I appreciate the google ads that are on the site, since they're equivalent. Your account could just as easily be replaced by an automatic robot that searches for words and spews out random irrelevant attacks.

WooooooW !Vic_Bob_Handbags_RE_Triple_Combo-s383x269-56957.jpg
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

yawnnnnnnn....

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

stick to freebasing, you're good at that

Meeeeeowwwww !

Humour obviously Not one of your strong points !

And you should STICK to your GLUE or your Crack LoL :P

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Mickey Lee Lane was issued on Swan, and there was an iffy issue on ITZY, also Sounds of Lane came out on Cobblestone and ITZY. I always thought the ITZY one's were boots, although I think it is also a legit label.

Social source share

At the risk of getting back on topic...

Just because it was a 60s label doesn't mean it was legit. Astra was from Pittsburgh as well and it was a bootleg label.

I'm sure it's a bootleg. Pittsburgh is the king of bootleg cities.

That's what you get for posting quickly at lunchtime. I wasn't suggesting that there were no 60s bootlegs. I'm also aware that there are ITZY releases that were bootlegged for the Pittsburgh area market - as opposed to the later ones on the label that may have been aimed more at the UK scene.

What I was trying to say is that I recall a debate about the ITZY label and I'm sure that as well as the boots, it was said that there were some legitimate releases. If that's definitely not the case I'm happy to be corrected.

ps - if anyone has a go at my pal's most excellent glue and lighter fuel retailing website I'll be in with fists like flash...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!