Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

He/she also has a reissue of Roy Hamilton " Cracking Up" for £35

Just looked at Discogs and the Roy Hamilton Crackin up orange label reissue is available for sale for between £25 and £40.  I suppose the £35 is at the higher end of the value but depends on demand and record quality.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just looked at Discogs and the Roy Hamilton Crackin up orange label reissue is available for sale for between £25 and £40.  I suppose the £35 is at the higher end of the value but depends on demand and record quality.

Hi but he/she has it advertised as an original.

Social source share

daft price though isn't it - £15 tops I'd have said - I'd pay more for a Stardust pressing of Panic Is On

Social source share

Hi but he/she has it advertised as an original.

Maybe the seller thinks he is selling an original because he hasn't seen the real original. Someone could enlighten the seller and send a scanned copy of an original and invite him to change the listing.

The copy I have in my box is a promo so that wont help the seller though I am expecting delivery of my issue copy from the USA this week.

Alternatively someone could loan him a copy of Manship guide to bootlegs, counterfeits and reissues.

ktf

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

MORE FROM THE BOX OF "DOUBLE A SIDES" J.T PARKER"IF YOU WANT TO HOLD ON" HONEY&THE BEES"TWO CAN PLAY THE SAME GAME" DECIDED TO SELL A FEW MORE FROM THE BOX AND THESE TWO ARE MASSIVE RIGHT NOW UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY,THE ORIGINALS COST MEGA MONEY SO GET THESE WHILE YOU CAN YOU CAN BUY THESE RECORDS WITH CONFIDENCE,THEY LOOK GREAT,PLAY GREAT AND SOUND GREAT IDEAL FOR DJ,SEE THE OTHERS PLEASE NOTE! ESPECIALLY FOR NEW CUSTOMERS LOOKING AT THESE RECORDS FOR THE FIRST TIME,THEY ARE NOT ORIGINALS!! I BOUGHT A BOX OF RECORDS FROM AN EX DJ AND THESE WERE IN THERE THEY ARE WHAT I WOULD CALL"TAILOR MADE DOUBLE A SIDES".THE QUALITY OF THESE RECORDS IS SUPERB,THEY LOOK SO GOOD AND PLAY PERFECTLY" I CALL THEM "DOUBLE A SIDES" BECAUSE THE RECORD HAS TWO GREAT NORTHERN SOUL TRACKS ON ONE DISC. PLAY THEM IN THE HOUSE OR SPIN THEM AT THE SOUL NITE,THEY REALLY DO LOOK GREAT.LOOK LIKE THE LABEL IS AN ACTUAL SCAN FROM THE ORIGINAL

No shit sherlock :huh: 

Social source share

'kin ell'

COMEDY SALE  -  Just seen a bootleg BITS 'N PIECES  ' Keep on running away ' sell for £72 on the Bay, 22 bids, W H Y ?  Obviously loads of Johnny come lately types out there without a clue  -  get wised up, lots and lots of great lesser known / forgotten / bargain Soul 45's out there on Ebay / Musicstacks, etc....and many on, wait for it, the Original US issue !!!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

COMEDY SALE  -  Just seen a bootleg BITS 'N PIECES  ' Keep on running away ' sell for £72 on the Bay, 22 bids, W H Y ?  Obviously loads of Johnny come lately types out there without a clue  -  get wised up, lots and lots of great lesser known / forgotten / bargain Soul 45's out there on Ebay / Musicstacks, etc....and many on, wait for it, the Original US issue !!!

Exactly ! I struggle to sell nice Originals in good nick on ebay at £1.99 starting price , the worlds gone mad !! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Exactly ! I struggle to sell nice Originals in good nick on ebay at £1.99 starting price , the worlds gone mad !! :thumbsup:

Just seen another crazy sale on Ebay  -  Donald Lee Richardson on a dodgy White promo Soulville 45, with incorrect release number, £54 !!

Social source share

Guest markoneill
  • TBH  I would be lost without some of your guys guidance. I KNOW I've been ripped off over the last 2 years through my own ignorance with purchasing off that blooming ebay.and very very rarely use it now to even browse. After almost 30 years away from the scene and collecting again I hope you will continue to let us know if any dodgy looking sales are going on.  For that, I am truly grateful !!

Mark

Social source share

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201095498959   Seller had this up for £149.99 buy it know or best offer, I offered £1.50 then I massaged him to say it was worth a fiver at most and saying his prices were a joke, he changed it to £79.99 !!!!!, only thing is I hope he doesn't accept my offer  :g:

:hatsoff2: ??HI ALL ... THIS IS MORE THAN A JOKE?  I cant see how anyone could price these records in such a way, can you?? :yes: DAVE K

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

And look here Chris has another one up for sale and there's 8 bids on it already .......https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Northern-Soul-70s-45-Delreys-Incorperated-Destination-Unknown-HEAR-2nd-issue-/261504667384?pt=UK_Records&hash=item3ce2e48ef8

REALLY?? 2nd press too! When I sold mine I got £30 about a year ago.
Delreys incorporated - Destination unknown
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261493885481?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l264

Social source share

£77 this time. A bit cheaper than the last one at £245.95, and the same press too? The crazy world of Northern Soul eh?

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!