Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

In mint condition that would go for £500 though - rarest Chess demo

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Like the statement "...noise not at all overwhelming".

Social source share

Social source share

Five Starsteps.. Playgirls Love.... I bought a copy 3 months ago for £4.50 making this a total bargain...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIVE-STAIRSTEPS-Playgirls-Love-Windy-City-Rare-7-Northern-Soul-45rpm-Single-/251576453498?pt=UK_Records&hash=item3a9320097a

Put it down to Wolverhampton sales spiel. Not sure records like this warrant the ten out of ten sales pitch but it has convinced some naive soul to part with the funds.

Social source share

Put it down to Wolverhampton sales spiel. Not sure records like this warrant the ten out of ten sales pitch but it has convinced some naive soul to part with the funds.

Surely nobody really takes notice of sales talk like that do they?

My first thought would be - listen to it on youtube, second would be go look it up on Discogs and see what it's really worth.

I think the only time I ever went by a sales pitch was when someone, back in late 80's, said that Sam Bowie on Wingate was better than Ray Pollard's "Drifter".  It wasn't.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

He's a nice guy that runs that place but he (obviously) doesn't know anything about Northern and Reggae.  he gave me some great tips about local auctions once, so I'm happy to tell him he's made a mistake there.

Social source share

He's a nice guy that runs that place but he (obviously) doesn't know anything about Northern and Reggae.  he gave me some great tips about local auctions once, so I'm happy to tell him he's made a mistake there.

Sure, I was not putting him down at all. I looked at some nice stuffs he has for sale sometimes on the Evilbay and he is not overcharging IMO but maybe let him know what it is then so he can correct his item description. Cheers

Social source share

Sure, I was not putting him down at all. I looked at some nice stuffs he has for sale sometimes on the Evilbay and he is not overcharging IMO but maybe let him know what it is then so he can correct his item description. Cheers

No I know you weren't mate, and it is actually funny thinking that red A was real!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't be surprised about that considering who the seller is, but anyway...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackie-Wilson-Somebody-Up-There-Likes-You-Coral/121179095101

Writing on label "PePe" I've got that on my Geno Washington on Atac, looks the same writing, also seen it on a scan of something?  Assume it's a former owner of record, anyone else ? Not a commom name or nickname ?

Social source share

Shouldn't be surprised about that considering who the seller is, but anyway...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackie-Wilson-Somebody-Up-There-Likes-You-Coral/121179095101

And if that`s the record in the audio clip its probably worth a tenner tops!

A great 45 that sounds like $hit.

Benj....did it only come out on that Mexican and the German issues?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

There was a chap on here from Mexico a few years ago, I forget his name but he was a nice guy, I did a couple of swaps with him and he sent me two copies of that EP, never thought much of it though, sold them for £30 apiece I think.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

This tw** is flooding the market with bootleg copies  :huh:

I asked Ebay to close his account on the basis that most of the stuff he is selling are illegal copies - if lots of others do the same there's a remote chance they might do something

Time these people were weeded out and their operations closed down

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I asked Ebay to close his account on the basis that most of the stuff he is selling are illegal copies - if lots of others do the same there's a remote chance they might do something

Time these people were weeded out and their operations closed down

It's like drugs though - these people are sellers but they aren't the manufacturers

Social source share

It's like drugs though - these people are sellers but they aren't the manufacturers

But I guess if they don't have the middlemen to sell them for them there would be no point manufacturing them - wishful thinking I suppose

Social source share

Surely another £200/£20 mistype? Assuming it's worth £20...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vickie-Baines-Country-Girl-Are-You-Kidding-/141368217987?pt=UK_Records&hash=item20ea33d183

Legitimate second issue (???)

Excellent condition

Visual grading only I don't own a record player :lol:

Same one for sale for £15

https://www.rarenorthernsoul.com/Oldies-And-Reissue-45s/5873/country-girl/#product

Social source share

the best I have seen was yesterday on ebay  MILLIE JACKSON  HOUSE FOR SALE on UK SPRING (MOULDED LABEL) WENT FOR £212 OR £217 i cannot remember exact amount but only the day before one went for £10 buy it now some nutters about

Social source share

the best I have seen was yesterday on ebay  MILLIE JACKSON  HOUSE FOR SALE on UK SPRING (MOULDED LABEL) WENT FOR £212 OR £217 i cannot remember exact amount but only the day before one went for £10 buy it now some nutters about

Right that's it mines off on ebay  :lol:

Social source share

Incredible but true https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NORTHERN-SOUL-MILLIE-JACKSON-HOUSE-FOR-SALE-ORIGINAL-SPRING-EX-CONDITION-/181483597178?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2a4143ed7a&nma=true&si=SAOzUB3xOTnq5Ute3sozRlJs%252Bqo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

INSANITY

BUT looking further he relisted it two days later for £25 and sold it again. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NORTHERN-SOUL-MILLIE-JACKSON-HOUSE-FOR-SALE-ORIGINAL-SPRING-EX-CONDITION-/181490694499?nma=true&si=SAOzUB3xOTnq5Ute3sozRlJs%252Bqo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Smells very fishy  :g:

Edited by illusive
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Social source share

Someone just added loads of new buy it now's to ebay UK, really good Northern originals, but he's said that he has priced these according to the price guide so knows not to accept any silly offers - therefore his starting price is just way over the top - Landslide white demo starting at £1000 for instance.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!