Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

I do find it a little perverse that a scene that was built on exploiting record prices complains about record prices being exploited  :rofl:

I'll get my coat

Social source share

Once again, same seller I mentioned above...draw your own conclusions but for Christ's sake, someone report them, I did months ago but don't use ebay anymore really so 'not my problem'

Social source share

Once again, same seller I mentioned above...draw your own conclusions but for Christ's sake, someone report them, I did months ago but don't use ebay anymore really so 'not my problem'

I have to say it's really weird, same seller sold a Denis LaSalle for £150.00, there was one on "Buy Now" for £100.00 that couldn't sell, what the feck is going on ?

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

I have to say it's really weird, same seller sold a Denis LaSalle for £150.00, there was one on "Buy Now" for £100.00 that couldn't sell, what the feck is going on ?

Some people should not be let loose on Internet shopping sites... That's what's going on lol
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Some people should not be let loose on Internet shopping sites... That's what's going on lol

Say what you will but the sellers is doing very well. They just have to be genuine sales otherwise the Ebay fees would reach into the £100 bracket. Interested to see what that Dee Dee Sharp goes for, generally about £50.00, on this sort of form it could over the 100 quid. :yes:

Social source share

Say what you will but the sellers is doing very well. They just have to be genuine sales otherwise the Ebay fees would reach into the £100 bracket. Interested to see what that Dee Dee Sharp goes for, generally about £50.00, on this sort of form it could over the 100 quid. :yes:

Is he doing anything wrong with his listings, not quite sure.

Social source share

If you and Richard are happy with the deal then that's how it should be. I sell them from £50/55 for an EX and £80.00 for a Mint.

I didnt say I had bought this rec off RS for £any(?) I was merely drawing the orig astonished poster to the fact that that he wasnt aware of the seller. (Prob the one of the most famous DJ/sellers of all time). @Chris L please PM with details and I will gladly take a Mint copy off your hands for £80 via Paypal.

Edited by Waggy
Social source share

Pete

You'll might know better then me having never sold anything on e-bay..........do sellers do that so people look at the item out of disbelief & then hope they go onto look at there other items???Or do they just need psychiatric treatment :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Pete

You'll might know better then me having never sold anything on e-bay..........do sellers do that so people look at the item out of disbelief & then hope they go onto look at there other items???Or do they just need psychiatric treatment :D

Cheers

Martyn

I really don't know - what's he trying to achieve - and I also thought if he put a buy it now price like that on it he'd have to pay a fair bit to insert it in the first place.  Nutter.

Social source share

Just seen these three go this evening on Ebay, all from the same seller. Good luck to the guy. All the buyers' identities were kept secret. Is it me, or has the world gone mad?

Mamie Lee - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away - MGM    £206.55

Carol and Geri - On You Heartache Looks Good - MGM Demo    £379.00

Ann Sexton - You've Been Gone To Long - Seventy 7    £155.00

Edited by John Moffatt
Social source share

Just seen these three go this evening on Ebay, all from the same seller. Good luck to the guy. All the buyers' identities were kept secret. Is it me, or has the world gone mad?

Mamie Lee - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away - MGM    £206.55

Carol and Geri - On You Heartache Looks Good - MGM Demo    £379.00

Ann Sexton - You've Been Gone To Long - Seventy 7    £155.00

This seller supposedly gets top dollar for all his sales. He's now gone 'private' on his buyers identities.

There have been quite a few postings on his previous 'sales' - if that's what they are!

Social source share

Guest Juniorsoul

Apparently, my big break from the scene (sold off my first collection, left it back in mid 80s) has made my eyes nearly pop out, since coming back home to it, in the last several years or more it is indeed mental what people pay for a record. I had an original copy of Wade Flemons - Jeanette from Soul Bowl back in the early 80s, virtually a semi known tune back then, cost the best part of a tenner (mind you it was an original!), what the original goes for now is madness, let alone a piece of bootleg plastic that tries to emulate it with Tony Clarke on the flipside?!? The madness I've noticed has been in fact been insidious for quite some time now, just one look at Popsike will confirm there are some right plonkers that have way too much money or just arent savvy?!??!

I've been after an original copy of Herbert Hunter- I Was Born To Love You, had one that cost all of £4 back in 1980ish,  but this is insane, take a look at this copy that sold back in 2007,

https://www.popsike.com/NORTHERN-SOUL-45HERBERT-HUNTERI-WAS-BORN-TO-LOVE-YOU/330071676173.html

and to top it off someone on eBay at the moment has an original issue up for $550!!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361152860678?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I think the seller is colour blind, that price should be for a white demo, which probably goes for more, and is actually dog rare!

Popsike is a great place cos you can have a right laugh, one other sale that made me smile was this one, not sure, its probably on this post already....

https://www.popsike.com/DON-VARNER-Tear-Stained-FaceMojo-Mama-MEGA-RARE-NORTHERN-SOUL-Quinvy-45-Hear/400533158324.html

Did someone really pay $810 for that Don Varner??!! And the seller has actually stated in the listing "This is the 2nd issue 1970s version"

Begs belief....need to sit down now and try and get my head round it all?!

Edited by foi
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I almost created a new category for this loony deranged sale of the day ... somone tell me I have mis read this ? Over 4 grand for a company record sleeve? Ahh ... it's OK he has more and the postage is only £3.50 no matter how many sleeves you buy !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-7-single-MERCURY-RECORDS-EMI-RECORDS-COMPANY-SLEEVE-50s-60s-Vintage-Origi/201237305471?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28111%26meid%3Dbbe1068ccb574ee097d7b51d63fccc01%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D11472%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D121481505532

Edited by SoulBoyRecords
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!