Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

He got £83.00 for Dee Dee Sharp - Kind of lady & £255.00 for Susan Barrett. Move over JM there's a new kid in town :D he can sell my records for sure :yes:

I bought a Susan Barrett recently.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161461086117?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It cost me £126 which I thought to be about the right price, has it really doubled in value over 6 weeks?

Social source share

I almost created a new category for this loony deranged sale of the day ... somone tell me I have mis read this ? Over 4 grand for a company record sleeve? Ahh ... it's OK he has more and the postage is only £3.50 no matter how many sleeves you buy !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-7-single-MERCURY-RECORDS-EMI-RECORDS-COMPANY-SLEEVE-50s-60s-Vintage-Origi/201237305471?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28111%26meid%3Dbbe1068ccb574ee097d7b51d63fccc01%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D11472%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D121481505532

I posted him up yesterday!

Social source share

I almost created a new category for this loony deranged sale of the day ... somone tell me I have mis read this ? Over 4 grand for a company record sleeve? Ahh ... it's OK he has more and the postage is only £3.50 no matter how many sleeves you buy !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-7-single-MERCURY-RECORDS-EMI-RECORDS-COMPANY-SLEEVE-50s-60s-Vintage-Origi/201237305471?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28111%26meid%3Dbbe1068ccb574ee097d7b51d63fccc01%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D11472%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D121481505532

He's got 3 copies, that's a relief !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

No its not

new to the forum and not wishing to call anyone a liar. But the last record I bought off misterowl1963 on eBay had senders name and address on package on reverse and it deffo said "Sender: Richard Searllng...........[address] Bolton BL2 ___"

I still have it. Not gonna print the address on a public forum though. I will happily scan it and PM it for any disbelievers. Unless this other chap you all seem to know is trying to pass himself off as Richard? Or thinks its funny to pretend he's RS to hide his own identity, I dunno? Either way I will report this to Ebay.

This is the return name/address the P.O. would have returned it to if it had got lost or undelivered.

Edited by Waggy
Social source share

new to the forum and not wishing to call anyone a liar. But the last record I bought off misterowl1963 on eBay had senders name and address on package on reverse and it deffo said "Sender: Richard Searllng...........[address] Bolton BL2 ___"

I still have it. Not gonna print the address on a public forum though. I will happily scan it and PM it for any disbelievers. Unless this other chap you all seem to know is trying to pass himself off as Richard? Or thinks its funny to pretend he's RS to hide his own identity, I dunno? Either way I will report this to Ebay.

This is the return name/address the P.O. would have returned it to if it had got lost or undelivered.

This is misterowl1963 straight off his ebay auction page - he's on here, I'm sure he'll confirm

CRATESOFSOUL

GLYN THORNHILL

27 ELLERAY ROAD

ALKRINGTON

MIDDLETON

Lancashire

M241NY

United Kingdom

Social source share

You must admit he`s done a very good job with it.........cheeky ba$tard!  :lol:

one bloke has bid 41 times for it he must be really desperate for it he`s gone to £70 its a new label sponsored by brit-stick

https://www.ebay.co.u...sd=310710803243  HE Has Pulled It Off Error In The Listing So Here is A 2nd I sue  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Northernsoul-LITTLE-ANTHONY-IMPERIALS-BETTER-USE-YOUR-HEAD-U-A-DEMO-2nd/201242217897?_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28111%26meid%3D457cb902546042dca3dab52a1e2ef7d8%26pid%3D100012%26prg%3D11472%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D201240691977

Edited by Gerry H
Social source share

He wants to try turning £5 notes into £50 pound notes. people would probably bid £100 for them!

Christmas is coming and some wives who perhaps arn't too familiar with vinyl etiquette are probably looking for a bit of something for the old man... The conversation

Wife "Do you like that tune"

Husband "always thought it a good un"

Wife "Okay" - The next day she bids silly money on the reissue with a photocopy label unaware he already has the reissue........

Christmas day arrives and he unwraps the record and tries to hide the disappointment

And that's why husbands get pissed on Christmas day....

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Not Northern but worth a laugh.

Clive Dunn - Grandad - £199

not a mistake either, he also has David Bowie Let's Dance for the same price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clive-Dunn-Grandad-I-Play-The-Spoons-7in-Single-/281524589387?pt=UK_Records&hash=item418c2c534b

A few years ago I had a G&W demo of Grandad in a sales box I lugged round venues, just to see the reaction of potential buyers looking through the box, the funniest thing was how often it went unnoticed :ohmy:

Nige Brown was doing a similar thing with 'Ernie' around the same time

• Helpful 2
Social source share

A few years ago I had a G&W demo of Grandad in a sales box I lugged round venues, just to see the reaction of potential buyers looking through the box, the funniest thing was how often it went unnoticed :ohmy:

Tim Ashibende started that with a green and white demo of a Morecombe & Wise single 

Social source share

Christmas is coming and some wives who perhaps arn't too familiar with vinyl etiquette are probably looking for a bit of something for the old man... The conversation

Wife "Do you like that tune"

Husband "always thought it a good un"

Wife "Okay" - The next day she bids silly money on the reissue with a photocopy label unaware he already has the reissue........

Christmas day arrives and he unwraps the record and tries to hide the disappointment

And that's why husbands get pissed on Christmas day....

It's the other way round in our house..........I buy my wife records & tell her there the ones she loves & she tries to hide her disappointment that it's not a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes (not boots  :lol:)

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Cant remember which venue,but Nige had "Hernie" with him,i had Kenn Dodd "Where's my shirt".....UK demo. :elvis:  :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Astonishing!!!!!........ :facepalm: .....I do hope these people don`t have the vote or are allowed around sharp objects. :no:

But this the rare light blue bootleg rather than the more common dark blue bootleg. :yes:

and the JM guide to counterfeits values the light blue at £15.....it fetched almost £200; I guess that's inflation for you.

Wondering if its time UK sellers put their unwanted bootlegs for sale on the US Evil bay and make hay cos the sun looks to be shining on that side of the pond.

Social source share

But this the rare light blue bootleg rather than the more common dark blue bootleg. :yes:

and the JM guide to counterfeits values the light blue at £15.....it fetched almost £200; I guess that's inflation for you.

Wondering if its time UK sellers put their unwanted bootlegs for sale on the US Evil bay and make hay cos the sun looks to be shining on that side of the pond.

I had the original for 20 odd years and sold it for 2 and a half grand 10 years ago.Treated myself to a submariner.......(that`s the watch and not some gay sailor) and also bought another battered old copy and still had change.  :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!