Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

1 hour ago, WoodButcher said:

Just seen this over on FB , needs to be shared ... :lol:

Take a thirty quid record , cover it up and stick a £750.00 price on it , they'll never know it ...... even if I do list it as a Jewel demo .... whatatwat .... :yes:

https://www.rarenorthernsoul.com/Rare-70s-80s/37123/same-old-bridge-cu/#product

twat.PNG

It was on the site at £1500 last year. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 6/27/2016 at 08:17, WoodButcher said:

The 2 high bidders, they bid double the price of anyone else, one has 6000+ feedbacks and the other 8000+, one has to assume they're experienced record dealers ? 

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Tune In, have you noticed the genius that is J.M.has overcome the bane of every big red ,or white demo collector; the "A" on the wrong side ,he simply shows the trouser wetting A regardless , what a salesman!

Social source share

One twenty for bob is fine. Carol Williams  must be a misprinted price,  maybe it should read 2.00.  I must start selling instead of buying.  Would  make my mrs happy, she moans that the house is full of records .!!!  She don't know 'its made of records. Andy Willams house of bamboo,  house of vynil here,   Cheers

Social source share

Hiya, must say if you really want a tune whatever the price and you are happy with that, no problem and we all go wwwwhhhhaaaaat  I used to have that  and sold to to bill from burnley for a fiver.  Bill not seen you for thirty years, do you still have them old records,  cheers

Social source share

Hiya, bill me old mate, still got those old records I sold you ? Yes mate,  they're up for auction on web,  don't go out anymore so I thought  I'd sell em,  that unknown one you said was a great tune, can't believe I got £1500  for that !! Must get you a pint if I ever see you in Florida. Cheers

Social source share

12 hours ago, Stubbsy said:

Bloody hell! I just sold one for £120 :(

Both you and I know Stubbsy that if someone now puts up a Bob Relf at anywhere near that price of £600 it won't sell especially on here but there will be some that will expect that price for it.

Social source share

1 hour ago, WoodButcher said:

No , there's two bidders , "y***2" and "a***l" , y***2's top auto-bid must have been $178 and a***l's was higher so it's showing as $180.50 , if you click on "Show automatic bids" you'll see the back and forth ...

Both dickheads ... :thumbsup:

Most of that sellers sales seem to have gone for crazy money. Eddie Floyd Big Bird £81, Commands Hey it's Love, £149 and Len Wade Boss Beat £227.

Social source share

11 hours ago, Pga1 said:

One twenty for bob is fine. Carol Williams  must be a misprinted price,  maybe it should read 2.00.  I must start selling instead of buying.  Would  make my mrs happy, she moans that the house is full of records .!!!  She don't know 'its made of records. Andy Willams house of bamboo,  house of vynil here,   Cheers

Don't think the £200 he wants for Carol Williams is a misprint as he describes it as "mega rare on 7" :wink:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

No question of anyone being misled by the seller here, he has a good following

and is perhaps the same seller as for the Charles Spurling mentioned above.

Though I can't understand the obsession with the Sebastian Williams Ovid record, that is surely not rare?

Easily said I suppose when 20 years ago you could pick one up for a fiver.

£96.00 anyway

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331971733485?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Chris L ,

" Shing-a-Ling" Baby £20 issue or £30 demo on a good day? Perhaps the clues in the B side-"Life Has No Meaning" (U.S.) and U.K. more pertinent  " Don't Trust Him" . Love these NS Comedy Classics Chris! Please keep them coming maybe some of these Clowns will finally "Wise Up",huh? Lo l Johnny , Malaga.

Social source share

27 minutes ago, conchitta said:

Chris L ,

" Shing-a-Ling" Baby £20 issue or £30 demo on a good day? Perhaps the clues in the B side-"Life Has No Meaning" (U.S.) and U.K. more pertinent  " Don't Trust Him" . Love these NS Comedy Classics Chris! Please keep them coming maybe some of these Clowns will finally "Wise Up",huh? Lo l Johnny , Malaga.

The crazy thing is that you can get an original US Brunswick for about £100 :huh:

Social source share

Just now, Chris L said:

Being sold from Argentina, maybe they don't get NBC, CCN or Fox News down there.

Lol, the title is amazing and must describe how Cosby feels just now "Little Ole Man Uptight" - at the thought of going to prison!

Social source share

On 11/09/2016 at 15:32, Sutty said:

Yup, that's some real classy sh*t rofl

image.jpeg

Italian.....more like Nigerian.................it has the spelling of a 419 email scam!

Social source share

I've been selling a bit lately, just through SS and the Northern pages on Facebook. I've never sold anything on ebay before and from what I've heard it always seemed to sound like a hassle not worth bothering about, but I've just read through the last 2 pages and by jingo - it does seem to attract a lot of knobheads with lots of money to spend!

Are there any types of sound that are more likely to sell, any discernible pattern, or is it just totally unpredictable? A coupe of months back I had read of Bobby Garrett - My Little Girl getting attention again so I fired it up on my next batch of sales, lovely near-mint copy. I also found a knackered boot that I stuck on as an after thought, for £15. I had 11 enquiries for the boot, no interest in the original. I asked one guy WTF was going on, why so much interest; he told me at that moment 7 people were bidding on a boot on ebay, and it was up to £156 with 3 days to go!!! I need some of that action...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!