Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

There appears to be a significant change in people selling repros/boots/re-issues, etc. Some now don't even say when it's a repro, it's just listed as a NS record for sale. Seeing those Younghearts going now for £120+people must be bonkers to pay that sort of money for a boot. Where will it all end ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Chris L said:

There appears to be a significant change in people selling repros/boots/re-issues, etc. Some now don't even say when it's a repro, it's just listed as a NS record for sale. Seeing those Younghearts going now for £120+people must be bonkers to pay that sort of money for a boot. Where will it all end ?

There was a boot of Never For Me sold for £75 on here earlier today.

No mention of it's status.

I recently pointed out to  an ebayer that the Elgin's that they were selling was actually not a "first UK press" but infact the second re-issue (i.e.third press)

without any response.

Bottom line is we continue to laugh, but some folks obviously have the cash to throw at these items.

Yesterday I bid reasonable offers on several low grade originals only to be outbid in the last few minutes

by several tens of pounds on the items by numerous bids..

The world of soul has gone completely mad no doubt about it :-)

I'm just glad I held on to the few rarities that  still adorn my record box over the years

Wish that folks wouldn't touch all those modern boots of boots though.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

5 hours ago, illusive said:

Complete and utter feckin' madness, though I doubt anyone will be shocked given the seller.

https://www.rarenorthernsoul.com/Rare-60s-Northern-USA-UK/51040/jeanette-what-a-price-to-pay/#product

seen the same copy a few months back on ebay and its even worse when seen out of the sleeve. i like how he has put no return me thinks he may have that for a while lol

• Helpful 2
Social source share

14 hours ago, Northern Soul UK said:

I reckon there are more Boots, reissues etc. on eBay now than Originals? and some you have to look closely at if they are not listed as such.

I think you're right, for sure on UK Ebay, what a shambles......................

• Helpful 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Mick Sway said:

Not very often we stray into Discogs territory, but , and this used to be a Anglo Soul Pack record, $669.00 + shipping ?

Better let me down easy!

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/449732491

Always one chancer out there , cannot understand it on Discogs though when all the copies for sale come up on one page ... doesn't take much to spot the cuckoo in the nest when the other four copies offered are all less than a ton ... :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

Always one chancer out there , cannot understand it on Discogs though when all the copies for sale come up on one page ... doesn't take much to spot the cuckoo in the nest when the other four copies offered are all less than a ton ... :lol:

Methinks someone misplaced his full stop, probably meant $66.90:g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

What about this chump. 

Think he/she's got more mentions on here than the rest all put together ... :wink:

Problem is it ain't comical just criminal , not that money-grabbing E-bay give a flying f**k ... :(

Edited by WoodButcher
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

58 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

Think he/she's got more mentions on here than the rest all put together ... :wink:

Problem is it ain't comical just criminal , not that money-grabbing E-bay give a flying f**k ... :(

Unashamedly open about their robbing criminality too. People will still buy it though, at stupid prices. 

:pirate:

Social source share

4 minutes ago, JulianB said:

Hi Steve

probably not as daft as you think - sold for $3161

Then it is as daft as I think!:rofl:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:22, DB said:

Never understand this either...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311809949428?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Eddie Holman- I  Surrender vg minus for £43 quid. You'd pay not much more for a minty copy.  When you think these are Styrene and in that condition must sound awful. Seems like people will pay good money on ebay for good records regardless of condition

Sold a VG vinyl copy for £30 - 3 weeks ago

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WoodButcher said:

Stick the old "Norther Soul" (sic) tag on any old crap these days and you can 'justify' a decent starting price on Fleabay ... :facepalm:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Rare-Vintage-1970s-Kingsway-Norther-Soul-Glam-3-Tone-Leather-Shoes-/252744347393?hash=item3ad8bcaf01:g:rwwAAOSwNnRYhcu2

Good grief, I've seen it all now. :pirate: 

They look like Noddy Holder's old pair, never worth 350 sheets!  :wicked: 

cropwm.jpg

Social source share

1 hour ago, JulianB said:

Might not be to your liking but this tune has a serious following and always fetches high prices.

I don't think this equates to a comedy sale of the day.

Just my opinion of course! Pm

Hi Julian, yes I know it does, please can you Carolyn pray for me that I make it to Mojacar :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!