Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/La-Dellics-Ill-Never-Change-Rare-Crossover-Sweet-Soul-45-Mo-Jo-mp3/362070597719?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Maybe some highly intelligent collector can enlighten me to the reasoning behind bidding three figures for a 45 that is cracked in four places  !! .....Despite it's rarity this is beyond comprehension  ...

Laugh of the month  WTF ???  £103  I despair ......

Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

Comedy sale to end 'em all ... £10,000 for what looks suspiciously to me like the recently produced bootleg ... :g:

Link?

Social source share

Social source share

On 10/27/2017 at 12:59, mickjay33 said:

SAM FLETCHER ONE COPY IN THE WORLD HIS THE BLOKE MAD ITS A BOOT ( HAVE A LOOK AT HIS OTHER STUFF)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAM-FLETCHER-on-TOLLIE-45-RARE-NORTHERN-SOUL-POPCORN/112614455773?hash=item1a385839dd:g:4O4AAOSwFSxZ7hI4

He's a Belgian Popcorn dealer. Bootlegs are no big deal on that scene, most DJs will play them. There's no market for full priced originals as in the UK. There's a shop close(ish) to Antwerp that's got boxes and boxes of them. 

Social source share

At least the item description isn't lacking any of the most important Ebay search key words:

"Jerry Williams - If You Ask Me / Yvonne - Calla Demo 116 - Northern Soul Crossover Motown Tmg Rare Modern Funk RnB R&B Oldie's Classics Ultra Mega Popcorn Beat Mod Club New Breed Reggae Disco Boogie Doowop Rock n Roll Teen 50s 60s Psychic Freakbeat Pop Records Vinyl"

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

This is on ebay for £35 at the moment.  The seller says: "QUITE HARD TO GET NOW IN THIS CONDITION!". 

Yesh mate, that's cos nobody is looking for it :lol:

Funniest thing of all, there are loads of copies on discogs for 50p or so, the lowest price is 38p!  Why do these people think that are qualified to give expert advice on how hard it is to find something?

denise lasalle.jpg

Social source share

40 minutes ago, bbrich said:

I was thinking the same thing, was watching it wondering if others identified it as a bootleg but at £30+ the seller is doing okay thank you. The potential buyer isn't getting the ultimate bargain but paying an excess sum. I would say £10 tops for this pressing. 

Social source share

On 11/10/2017 at 04:59, mellorful said:

I was thinking the same thing, was watching it wondering if others identified it as a bootleg but at £30+ the seller is doing okay thank you. The potential buyer isn't getting the ultimate bargain but paying an excess sum. I would say £10 tops for this pressing. 

Relisted now as a 70's pressing and an apology for the incorrect listing before

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-SERVICEMEN-ARE-YOU-ANGRY-NEED-A-HELPING-HAND-VG-N-SOUL/232558014434?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D5f49eb60e2004d648bbf23a5513e54a4%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D232548829117&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 11/10/2017 at 00:31, gogs said:

Not a tragedy, so going to list it as a comedy.I just received a copy of this from evilbay for £8.00 including p&p in ex condition.

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/46844-have-love-will-travel-no-room.html

bit confused what you are saying- manship one is original? sorry to be thick they are different? ebay has new repros?

Edited by Shufflin
not sure what he is getting at
Social source share

13 hours ago, shufflin said:

bit confused what you are saying- manship one is original? sorry to be thick they are different? ebay has new repros?

What is not to understand? i stated that i got a copy of the record in the link i.e. an original.

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
5 hours ago, gogs said:

What is not to understand? i stated that i got a copy of the record in the link i.e. an original.

wasn't being funny with you, no need to be snarky  - I just saw a repro for same price on ebay

Social source share

3 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

Comedy buyer on this one more like , I guess folk don't bother reading descriptions anymore ... :huh:

He states it's dodgy ok, but not exactly up front and central. The main header should tell the story. Always read the small print, especially when it's not that small. :-)

Edited by John Moffatt
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!