Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

Guest allnightandy

This is what i was saying the other day on here , that unsuspecting newbies to the scene get told how rare the records and are buying a few as what they think is an investment

not knowing that ebay is full of bootlegs and pressings/reissues

and its only when they come to try and sell them they realise they are worthless this in turn must drive them away !

a few years ago i sent a message to a girl who was trying to sell Lee Roye Tears on british MCA for £150 when i told her she was really abusive and asked WTF do you know ?

His Ebay name is ThomasWednesday

He should change in to Bjorn Yesterday !

Edited by allnightandy
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Buy it now £150 :lol: :lol:

Hes got the decimal point in the wrong place he means £1.50p :D

I'd be happy to get £150 for my real one !

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Hes got the decimal point in the wrong place he means £1.50p :D

I'd be happy to get £150 for my real one !

Even the real ones are common now, they turned up by the boxload in that big find of a decade ago, I was buying one copy every month off the one US seller for $50 a time, I think they still have them though the price is higher than that though. All were demo copies.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Even the real ones are common now, they turned up by the boxload in that big find of a decade ago, I was buying one copy every month off the one US seller for $50 a time, I think they still have them though the price is higher than that though. All were demo copies.

wasn't Simon Sussan was it ? were they still warm :D
Social source share

This is an extremely rare record and plays perfectly, it's in very good condition without any visible screeches, the surface is a little dirty but the record plays beautifully,

Dont forget the OTT desciption on this UK re issue!!

Edited by Nige Brown
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

This is what i was saying the other day on here , that unsuspecting newbies to the scene get told how rare the records and are buying a few as what they think is an investment

and its only when they come to try and sell them they realise they are worthless this in turn must drive them away !

a few years ago i sent a message to a girl who was trying to sell Lee Roye Tears on british MCA for £150 when i told her she was really abusive and asked WTF do you know ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love the Bjorn Yesterday!! :yes:

Social source share

Guest martyn

I'm at work and cant follow/see the links - What record we talking about here?

H B Barnum - Heartbreaker

Sorry - beaten to it !

Edited by martyn
Social source share

HB Barnum - Heartbreaker - UK Capitol 1975 issue.

Nearly as funny as the Jackie Edwards - I feel so bad on here for £475 this week

Ouch.

I do see someone selling a boot of The Triumphs "Coming to your rescue" that they bought because it was described/pictured as "original" though, wonder how much that'll fetch eh Pete. :g::thumbsup:

Social source share

brilliant, first time Ive LOL for days...

Social source share

I am going to put this here because i don't know the record

but i do know that Stardust is a common reissue label

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a18002933

I think it's the first pressing of an album cut onto a 45, so it's slightly different than 45s being booted. It is the first way the song is available on 45. also, stardust was legit I think so it also wouldn't be a bootleg in that sense. Here is the record btw:

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I think it's the first pressing of an album cut onto a 45, so it's slightly different than 45s being booted. It is the first way the song is available on 45. also, stardust was legit I think so it also wouldn't be a bootleg in that sense. Here is the record btw:

I'm not saying it's a boot , just that most of the stardust pressings seem to be still available !
Social source share

That's crazy, you can get the proper LP for not too much more than that, and that's packed with superb tunes as well - one of the best albums you'll ever buy IMO.

John

£78....what are they on? That must be one of those daft wish I hadn't bid when p*ssed moments surely?

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

This Original Don Thomas on Blue VJ LOL

I have messaged him the errors of his ways see if he removes it

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item256b1e3de7

he is also selling loads of UK motown demo's all over priced like this one that books at £22

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-White-Motown-Demo-Edwin-Starr-Agent-Double-O-Soul-TMG-790-V-Rare-/160711561708?pt=UK_Records&hash=item256b27d1ec

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

This Original Don Thomas on Blue VJ LOL

I have messaged him the errors of his ways see if he removes it

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item256b1e3de7

he is also selling loads of UK motown demo's all over priced like this one that books at £22

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item256b27d1ec

Andy he's not interested, he is actually a member on here and was selling records on here yesterday, look for collection of G & W Motown demos, same seller. Been told about it before but has never responded as far as I know. Should not be allowed to use the word original when it's blatantly not.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Andy he's not interested, he is actually a member on here and was selling records on here yesterday, look for collection of G & W Motown demos, same seller. Been told about it before but has never responded as far as I know. Should not be allowed to use the word original when it's blatantly not.

I would report it to Ebay but they don't give a crap either and it takes sooooooo long to do it !
Social source share

I would report it to Ebay but they don't give a crap either and it takes sooooooo long to do it !

ebay doesn't have a way to determine whether it's a bootleg or not. they would only take action if you were the copyright owner yourself and used their VERO program to report items.

on the other hand, you should definitely report sleazy listing practices like overcharging on shipping, keyword spamming, and that stupid belgium dude who lists unbuyable items as ads for his store.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!