Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

Mickey Lee Lane was issued on Swan, and there was an iffy issue on ITZY, also Sounds of Lane came out on Cobblestone and ITZY. I always thought the ITZY one's were boots, although I think it is also a legit label.

I know. See above. Crikey everyone's lecturing me about well known boots now :ohmy:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I thought there was some debate about whether the ITZY press was a local Pittsburgh issue as opposed to an out-and-out boot? It's from the 60s in either case and I'm sure I've seen far more copies of the swan press than the ITZY one? 60s Swan press I mean, not the reissue in the link.

Not saying the ITZY one is worth that much though, wouldn't know to be honest.

Interesting ! it's not in Manships Boots guide nor is it in The Essential NS Guide ?or indeed Soulful Kinda Music's listings !

The plot now thickens !

Social source share

That's what you get for posting quickly at lunchtime. I wasn't suggesting that there were no 60s bootlegs. I'm also aware that there are ITZY releases that were bootlegged for the Pittsburgh area market - as opposed to the later ones on the label that may have been aimed more at the UK scene.

What I was trying to say is that I recall a debate about the ITZY label and I'm sure that as well as the boots, it was said that there were some legitimate releases. If that's definitely not the case I'm happy to be corrected.

you might be thinking of the red rocket label, which was a pittsburgh bootleg label but had one release that only came out on the label (the stylers).

Social source share

Look at this !

It's a new one on me !

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ebbfc289f

Just a bunch of crooks?

I take it that this is a recent revival of the Simon Soussan imprint?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLORIA-JONES-COME-GO-ME-NORTHERN-SOUL-/280838876682?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%252BSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D200722360479%252B200722360479%252B200722360479%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6908296038976099520

I can't recall this boot being around in the 70's

Mick

Edited by Mick Sway
Social source share

Interesting ! it's not in Manships Boots guide nor is it in The Essential NS Guide ?or indeed Soulful Kinda Music's listings !

The plot now thickens !

It's in his guide number 5, says the Itzy press is a UK commissioned bootleg inspired by the 60's Pittsburgh press. Always though it was a boot.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

It's in his guide number 5, says the Itzy press is a UK commissioned bootleg inspired by the 60's Pittsburgh press. Always though it was a boot.

Things to do !

Must upgrade my Manship 3rd edition ! LoL :D

Social source share

Did it though? It was on a 80s or 90s stateside comp, but never seen or heard of a UK stateside 45? Just UA 45, not on any Isleys album. It was a flop so they started their own label after this 45 and UA one album, unless anyone knows any different of course!

Cheers Sutty

UK, on the Stateside Album released in 1987 "What's Happening Stateside", variuos artists album. this one: https://www.ebay.co.u...a#ht_500wt_1287

USA 1964 release on UA records flopped. The 1973 version is a re-make of the 1964 version. 1964 version is best in my book and was so different for that time

Edited by jim g
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

i did about 35 years ago :shhh:

kev

I have a demo of it on Atlantic which i didn't buy really !

i got from a soulbowl soulpack LoL

Social source share

Guest crossoverjoy

LOL, great thread. One thing I do not understand, is the differing bootlegs for "tainted love" Jeeezzz, it must be indemand

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

5 sold, at least it's "a

brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item

".

[edit due to key sticking]

If you look through their listing it looks like they press them to order

there's at least six different tunes on blank white labels on the first page alone and they have nearly 2,000 records listed !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

From the same seller you can also get Little Anthony - Its not the same (and it certainly isn't) on a white label, however, they do state its not an original. You can bid on it (which two people have) or buy it now for £29.99, be interesting to see what the bidding goes up to. Other rarities, oh and car stickers (an essential northern item, as belts, etc, were in the 70's) , are also available too.

Social source share

Guest crossoverjoy

You could not make it up!! A bootleg of a bootleg. What next? A bootleg of a bootleg of a bootleg? :D What are the Tempest muppets going to say? "I've got the original bootleg for £100, how cool is that" :huh:

Social source share

Guest uniglam

Hi,

I am a researcher at the University of Glamorgan and I am currently looking at the social identity of music fans. I am absolutely desperate to include some Soul fans in our study and I was hoping that you could spare 5 minutes and do a quick survey. All you need to do is click on the link below and you will be able to start the survey.

Thank you very much!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PH3R2WQ

Social source share

That's a 1970s boot from when the record was played as a new release.

I doubt anyone would play it out now.

For fear of getting shot at! :lol:

Social source share

Whats the audiodisc acetate in your profile pic?

You could not make it up!! A bootleg of a bootleg. What next? A bootleg of a bootleg of a bootleg? :D What are the Tempest muppets going to say? "I've got the original bootleg for £100, how cool is that" :huh:

Social source share

Guest crossoverjoy

I can't read the the label of the disc on the turntable in your avatar very well.....could it be?.......

No surely not a copy of the Gloria Jones - Gone with the wind is my love boot, that has attracted so much righteous indignation in these columns of late??? :D !

PMSL, the star of the show is the turntable, I may use the offending disc as a pre slipmat
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

The Bootleg of the Repress is now coming down in price

Well done to all those guys who sold their pressing for great money last week

you can use a small part of it to buy a new one this week

Was £100 last week this week less than £30

https://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

Still dropping !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NORTHERN-SOUL-Tempests-Some-day-b-w-cried-you-Demand-Hit-/150776184456?pt=UK_Records&hash=item231af5fe88&autorefresh=true

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

when you look at how many sold for 39.99, its kind of sick, i just don't get it

I think several sold for £100+ over the last few weeks

I got an Email from some seller selling them for £20 (Limited stock)

Yeh right!

look at the label it's a reissue white and black as opposed to silver !

Social source share

Topic Reopened.

Off topic has ben removed. Neither Roger nor myself wish to spend our limited spare time moderating and removing of topic posts like we've seen today on this topic. Everyone should know the score and the guidelines so we ask you for the last time to stick to the guidelines and stop posting off topic.

I also ask that politics and religion be left off these forums. These forums are for talking soul music.

I'm all for a laugh and a bit of a light hearted interlude but some take it too far, especially today and especially after being asked to give over with the off topic.

So please, striuck to daft sales of Soul/Northern Soul records and leave the off the Soul Forums.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!