Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

14 minutes ago, Gerry H said:

when you sign up for an ebay account you are told you cant sell or buy counterfeits or copies so ebay is breaking its own rules by letting it continue you have to check a box that states it seems they are making the rules as they go along if you put a counterfeit rolex up for auction and call it a 2nd issue would that be ok only saying

Problem is that probably 60% of the crap for sale on ebay is trashy chinese counterfeit , but obviously not advertised as such ... the price is usually the big giveaway ... there's so much money to be made from these items that ebay aren't interested in policing such a vast 'industry of tat'.

Social source share

On 10/1/2015 at 08:59, daved said:

Now that the funky sound is getting played much more in northern rooms, are there any tracks on those Goldmine CDs that were missed at the time but are now big?

What drives the choices of which 'funky' sounds get played or picked up on? I've seen wants for the likes of the Apaches (assuming it's for 'Trying To Make Ends Meet') among other 'straight up' funk sounds (the stuff that's not even 'funky soul' or has a soul element) that are presumably being used at Northern clubs, somewhere(?). Or are they bought to play to a more - erm - continental crowd who don't have a 45+ year NS history but like a broad span of styles (northern and funk included)? 
It's kinda like 'If you like that, you need this, this, this, these, those, that and them. And then that stack, too'. 

Edited by Jason S
Social source share

Social source share

On 9/30/2015 at 12:33, Mach said:

fair play it`s free post 

when you sign up for an ebay account you are told you cant sell or buy counterfeits or copies so ebay is breaking its own rules by letting it continue you have to check a box that states it seems they are making the rules as they go along if you put a counterfeit rolex up for auction and call it a 2nd issue would that be ok only saying

Social source share

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 09:55, SoulBoyRecords said:

I messaged him and told him he was committing fraud by not saying it was a boot, no reply of course

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Social source share

On 03/02/2016 at 08:35, SoulBoyRecords said:

at least the descriptions honest

Edited by gogger
spelling
Social source share

WTF !! It says it's a re-issue / boot whatever , who are buying these , it's mental. I've just put up some great tunes (not rare but all originals in decent nick) at 99p start and I bet I get less than half book !!! price if I'm lucky and probably not sell some even at 99p , pisses me right off !!!!

Sorry rant over:D

Swifty:thumbsup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

3 hours ago, Paddywack said:

Just been watching it, complete madness.

3 hours ago, sjclement said:

Obviously the plain red boot sticking a photocopied label on has just added £275 to the price :g:

3 hours ago, SWIFTY said:

WTF !! It says it's a re-issue / boot whatever , who are buying these , it's mental. I've just put up some great tunes (not rare but all originals in decent nick) at 99p start and I bet I get less than half book !!! price if I'm lucky and probably not sell some even at 99p , pisses me right off !!!!

It's not even a nice job with the scissors around the center!! 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, SWIFTY said:

Evening Swifty

I can't see where it says its a boot? He  says he's listed losts of rare stuff from his collectiom.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Edit - ah, just seen it on the sleeve. But, fcuk that anyyway, it has high gloss! 

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, jim g said:

Another pile of boots which to the untrained eye could pass off as "reissues". There is no mention in the listings either these not the real deal or reissues..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/citysoul66/m.html?item=141917785009&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Surely the guy has screwed up with a UK boot of a Grapevine 45, ffs why do that ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2016 at 17:25, TattooDave said:

Something weird is happening with people listing on foreign eBay, curiouser and curiouser!!

Here's another blinder that's just been listed. Got a decent copy of this for £10 a few weeks ago.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-HIT-PACK-Never-Say-No-To-Your-Baby-Rare-Northern-Soul-Funk-45-SOUL-35010-/371580289716?

and look at the import charges to the UK :-)

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

8 hours ago, Northern Soul UK said:

Here's another blinder that's just been listed. Got a decent copy of this for £10 a few weeks ago.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-HIT-PACK-Never-Say-No-To-Your-Baby-Rare-Northern-Soul-Funk-45-SOUL-35010-/371580289716?

and look at the import charges to the UK :-)

Those Ebay seller that use the Ebay Global Shipping System have no feckling idea and should fed to alligators. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Well, unless somebody buys it (even Manship lists it at 1/2 of that) it's not a comedy sale. More a comedy offer, isn't it.
Same with all the Ebay auctions posted in this thread. Just because some half-witted joker posts a record 1.000x its real value it's not a comedy sale. Unless another half-witted joker bids on it.

Just my two cents, thanks for reading..:thumbsup:

Social source share

11 hours ago, Benji said:

Well, unless somebody buys it (even Manship lists it at 1/2 of that) it's not a comedy sale. More a comedy offer, isn't it.
Same with all the Ebay auctions posted in this thread. Just because some half-witted joker posts a record 1.000x its real value it's not a comedy sale. Unless another half-witted joker bids on it.

Just my two cents, thanks for reading..:thumbsup:

One has to admit that people are bidding on these boots at very silly prices is very worrying. At what time do they wake up and realise they've bought a £10 bootleg/re-issue and paid £200.00 for it ?

Social source share

1 hour ago, Chris L said:

One has to admit that people are bidding on these boots at very silly prices is very worrying. At what time do they wake up and realise they've bought a £10 bootleg/re-issue and paid £200.00 for it ?

Chris

Never...........because they aren't interesting accruing such knowledge,if they where they wouldn't be paying that price in the first place because they'd have done there homework ??:thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!