Pete S profile photo

Comedy Sale Of The Day

Posted

A bit like some of those hideous pieces of crap Simon Suosann used to knock out, haha

They were BAD

7 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

Loads , 95% of the latest 'pop tunes' are artificially created in bedrooms ... :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A bit like some of those hideous pieces of crap Simon Suosann used to knock out, haha

They were BAD

Now this is a bloody comedy sale - Northern Soul my arse 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Electronics-Love-Love-Love-7-Vinyl-Northern-Soul-US-Press-/152656724062?hash=item238b0cc05e:g:MasAAOSw5U9Ziy17

14 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

Loads , 95% of the latest 'pop tunes' are artificially created in bedrooms ... :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 10/08/2017 at 16:22, Steve Lane said:

You can also tell by the print of the label, obviously done on 21st century equipment. 

Still quite difficult to tell from the scan alone. Need to know  if it has the LW BF and A in the deadwax. But thanks for the input everyone.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 10/08/2017 at 12:19, Ray Copley said:

Think it's real me John here's a pic of a boot I've found which as per info the boot as a servere dip to the centre hole, but I'm always happy to be corrected as I'm no expert and always happy to learn !!

112386248139.jpg

Thanks Ray, it is a damned good boot (to my eyes at any rate), need the deadwax info.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2013 at 11:21, davetay said:

post-9388-0-64199600-1378289881_thumb.jp

post-9388-0-23343300-1378289900_thumb.jp

These photos were took April or May 74.

We have both got the chocker on, but you can see Fred's better.

Great pictures Dave, thanks for sharing. :)  :hatsoff2: 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/La-Dellics-Ill-Never-Change-Rare-Crossover-Sweet-Soul-45-Mo-Jo-mp3/362070597719?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Maybe some highly intelligent collector can enlighten me to the reasoning behind bidding three figures for a 45 that is cracked in four places  !! .....Despite it's rarity this is beyond comprehension  ...

Laugh of the month  WTF ???  £103  I despair ......

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The record`s not the only thing that`s cracked! :rofl:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Jesus H Christ

That's what i thought

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

And it does play "Verry Well" :rofl:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Seen it all now, $25 opening bid for a Jimmy Tarbuck bootleg^^^

Edited by Sutty
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Comedy sale to end 'em all ... £10,000 for what looks suspiciously to me like the recently produced bootleg ... :g:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

Comedy sale to end 'em all ... £10,000 for what looks suspiciously to me like the recently produced bootleg ... :g:

Link?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
On 10/27/2017 at 13:25, mickjay33 said:

and can't spell 'Verry' well either :-)

Edited by Northern Soul UK
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
55 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

Link?

SJ ... not giving links to it , fed up giving his overpriced site free exposure ... :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 10/27/2017 at 12:59, mickjay33 said:

SAM FLETCHER ONE COPY IN THE WORLD HIS THE BLOKE MAD ITS A BOOT ( HAVE A LOOK AT HIS OTHER STUFF)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAM-FLETCHER-on-TOLLIE-45-RARE-NORTHERN-SOUL-POPCORN/112614455773?hash=item1a385839dd:g:4O4AAOSwFSxZ7hI4

He's a Belgian Popcorn dealer. Bootlegs are no big deal on that scene, most DJs will play them. There's no market for full priced originals as in the UK. There's a shop close(ish) to Antwerp that's got boxes and boxes of them. 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Not exactly mind blowing as the description would have you believe.

I'd give a tenner for it. That's ten quid not ten grand.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

At least the item description isn't lacking any of the most important Ebay search key words:

"Jerry Williams - If You Ask Me / Yvonne - Calla Demo 116 - Northern Soul Crossover Motown Tmg Rare Modern Funk RnB R&B Oldie's Classics Ultra Mega Popcorn Beat Mod Club New Breed Reggae Disco Boogie Doowop Rock n Roll Teen 50s 60s Psychic Freakbeat Pop Records Vinyl"

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

This is on ebay for £35 at the moment.  The seller says: "QUITE HARD TO GET NOW IN THIS CONDITION!". 

Yesh mate, that's cos nobody is looking for it :lol:

Funniest thing of all, there are loads of copies on discogs for 50p or so, the lowest price is 38p!  Why do these people think that are qualified to give expert advice on how hard it is to find something?

denise lasalle.jpg

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Comedy sale of the day, no visible screeches, or just maybe he’s a old guy getting rid of some of his records. Could it be he’s got dementia, who knows, maybe instead some of you need to get a life, and stop taking the p*ss .

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
40 minutes ago, bbrich said:

I was thinking the same thing, was watching it wondering if others identified it as a bootleg but at £30+ the seller is doing okay thank you. The potential buyer isn't getting the ultimate bargain but paying an excess sum. I would say £10 tops for this pressing. 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 11/10/2017 at 04:59, mellorful said:

I was thinking the same thing, was watching it wondering if others identified it as a bootleg but at £30+ the seller is doing okay thank you. The potential buyer isn't getting the ultimate bargain but paying an excess sum. I would say £10 tops for this pressing. 

Relisted now as a 70's pressing and an apology for the incorrect listing before

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-SERVICEMEN-ARE-YOU-ANGRY-NEED-A-HELPING-HAND-VG-N-SOUL/232558014434?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D5f49eb60e2004d648bbf23a5513e54a4%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D232548829117&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
On 11/10/2017 at 00:31, gogs said:

Not a tragedy, so going to list it as a comedy.I just received a copy of this from evilbay for £8.00 including p&p in ex condition.

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/46844-have-love-will-travel-no-room.html

bit confused what you are saying- manship one is original? sorry to be thick they are different? ebay has new repros?

Edited by shufflin
not sure what he is getting at

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
13 hours ago, shufflin said:

bit confused what you are saying- manship one is original? sorry to be thick they are different? ebay has new repros?

What is not to understand? i stated that i got a copy of the record in the link i.e. an original.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, gogs said:

What is not to understand? i stated that i got a copy of the record in the link i.e. an original.

wasn't being funny with you, no need to be snarky  - I just saw a repro for same price on ebay

Share this forum post

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Quality Modern 12's for sale
    Record Sales by Tony Treby on Tue 18 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 112
    • Tony Treby on 18 Feb 2020
  2. very rare vocal jazz /soul 45 for sale
    Record Sales by Stoopdownbaby on Tue 18 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 195
    • Stoopdownbaby on 18 Feb 2020
  3. Some for sale.
    Record Sales by russell f on Mon 17 Feb 2020
    • 2 / 525
    • russell f on 18 Feb 2020
  4. New Cannonball Detroit + Tesla 45's for sale
    Record Sales by Steve Plumb on Mon 17 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 188
    • Steve Plumb on 17 Feb 2020
  5. A Few For Sale Or Trade
    Record Sales by teramvm on Mon 16 May 2011
    • 2 / 838
    • raresoulmusic on 17 Feb 2020

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.