SaunandStarr

Saun & Starr

Hello everyone here on Soul Source. We are Saun & Starr. We are usually singing backing vocals for Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings on stage and on records as 'The Dapettes' but Daptone Records and SJDK have lovingly led us to the front of the stage as a brand new soul duo.

We signed up here because we love all kinds of music but especially soul music. We were scrolling through the internet just blown away by the love and support so many people and sites and showing the brand new Saun & Starr 45!

'Hot Shot' is the name of the song on side A and that is led by Starr and on side B, there is 'Gonna Make Time', which is led by Saun. We just want to express gratitude and thank you for buying the 45 at our shows and for all who have or plan to pre- order it. We appreciate your excitement for us and your support, so much.

To all who have posted here, spreading the word, 'thank you!'.

So look, we are currently touring with SJDK. We are in the states. We won't be able to post here all the time but every now and then, we'll pop in and 'talk' with you. We frequent our Saun & Starr Facebook page a lot though. So, please friend us there too, if you'd like.

Alright then, this is our very first post. We're going to browse the site now and see what's pippin' here on Soul Source.

Blessings and everyone, take care

SS~Soul!

Hot Shot is a stunning debut 45 and I really hope you do well with it. I'm urging all of my non-soul source friends to buy it in the first week it's on sale in the UK. It would be great to see a Daptone record hit the charts here and I really believe that this one has everything it takes to do that!

I also hope you manage to play some UK festivals over the summer, too - it would be ace to see you perform the record live :yes:

Awwww, thank you all. We'll be overseas during the warmer months, I believe and we are looking forward to it. So hang tight and when we come your way, make yourselves known :)

SS~Soul

Welcome to Soul Source and what an amazing debut 45 you've got there!

I love how classic soul music is still being made in 2014.

You'll be as popular as Sharon, Charles et al in no time at all!

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.