• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Afternoon all

Just sold a spare of this strange named - nice Mack Rice penned 45 - on RCA.

Anyone know if there was a local release ? Or any other release by group?

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich

Never come across owt else by them or a local release of the RCA 45.

I think there's a RCA 12" of it too!

Good though :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

ps I have a spare yellow demo of it too :thumbsup:

Social source share

Afternoon all

Just sold a spare of this strange named - nice Mack Rice penned 45 - on RCA.

Anyone know if there was a local release ? Or any other release by group?

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich....try the Ninandy label...you never know?Atb Steve
Social source share

• 9 months later...

Hi - I stumbled across your post. I (Doug Embry) am the drummer on this RCA recording. It was recorded in Memphis and Mack Rice (Mustang Sally) was our producer. It is the only release by Cottonmouth. The recording includes the Memphis Horns and arranger Lester Snell (STAX) and engineers William Brown and Robert Jackson. What a great summer it was! Visit my website for more information.

Social source share

Hi - I stumbled across your post. I (Doug Embry) am the drummer on this RCA recording. It was recorded in Memphis and Mack Rice (Mustang Sally) was our producer. It is the only release by Cottonmouth. The recording includes the Memphis Horns and arranger Lester Snell (STAX) and engineers William Brown and Robert Jackson. What a great summer it was! Visit my website for more information.

Hi Doug,

I've got the Cottonmouth 45 in my collection, must admit I haven't listened to it for ages. Will have to dig it out and have a listen again. Off to go and have a browse of your site.

Adam.

Social source share

You can't go wrong on this site can you? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Just sold a spare of this strange named - nice Mack Rice penned 45 - on RCA....

Great record, and vastly underrated.

A "Cottonmouth" is a snake found in the Southern States of America, but is also slang for dehydration of the mouth, one of the effects of smoking cannabis! (Just so you know....) wacko.gif

post-4950-1176499308_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Amazing what turns up, eh? Personally, I didn't hear this record until around 1980 I think,

but I still have it. It's a great tune. Well done to all involved!

Social source share

Flipsides pretty good too Adam

Cheers Paul

Finally found it and it sounds better than I remember! But mine is a stereo/mono demo, has anyone got a clip of the flip they can post up??

Adam.

Social source share

Great record, and vastly underrated.

A "Cottonmouth" is a snake found in the Southern States of America, but is also slang for dehydration of the mouth, one of the effects of smoking cannabis! (Just so you know....) wacko.gif

post-4950-1176499308_thumb.jpg

Right. The production company in Memphis had some t-shirts with the snake printed up - we got a big kick out of that - that's not what we had in mind as I recall.

Social source share

Right. The production company in Memphis had some t-shirts with the snake printed up - we got a big kick out of that - that's not what we had in mind as I recall.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

It's definately not on a 12".

Doug, unless im mistaken you havent given us your website address yet ?

Thanks Martin

Social source share

Guest mel brat

It's definately not on a 12".

Doug, unless im mistaken you havent given us your website address yet ?

Thanks Martin

Hi Martin. You can go to Doug's profile and click "visit my website"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!