Twisted Wheel Collection

HI, I'M SELLING THIS COLLECTION FOR A FRIEND,  JUST NEED SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO SELL IT,AS HE WANTS  TO SELL IT ALL TOGETHER, AS HE HAS JUST HAD HIP SURGERY,AND NEEDS THE OTHER DOING AS WELL, HE WANTS TO BUY A MOBILITY SCOOTER SO HE CAN GET ABOUT, THE COLLECTION CONSISTS  OF  385 UK  31 IMPORTS ALL IN VG+ UPWARDS,I AM IN THE PROCESS OF WRITING EVERY ONE DOWN,THEN I WILL SCAN THE LISTS TO UPLOAD  , THANKS JACK.

Social source share

Dependent on the rareity and condition of the tunes, I would say that generally you are better off ebaying individually.

Alternatively there's the site on Soulsource or "the hassle free record selling group" on

Facebook,https://www.facebook.com/groups/hasslefree/?fref=ts

If you have some high quality rare UK items, its worth considering John Manship to auction them off individually.

Here i'm thinking near mint or ex+ copies of tracks like The Invitations, Incredibles or scarce TMG's.

Harsh though it might sound I feelthat most guys with their original "in the loft" collection have an inflated

idea of their value.

Condition is everything and selling can be hard work.

I will be interested to hear what others suggest.

Social source share

Dependent on the rareity and condition of the tunes, I would say that generally you are better off ebaying individually.

Alternatively there's the site on Soulsource or "the hassle free record selling group" on

If you have some high quality rare UK items, its worth considering John Manship to auction them off individually.

Here i'm thinking near mint or ex+ copies of tracks like The Invitations, Incredibles or scarce TMG's.

Harsh though it might sound I feelthat most guys with their original "in the loft" collection have an inflated

idea of their value.

HI, THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY,  I SELL ON EBAY ALL THE TIME, BUT HE DOESN'T WANT TO GO DOWN THAT ROAD OF PUTTING EACH INDIVIDUAL RECORD ON, AND THEN WAITING FOR THE THE AUCTION TO END, THEN  WAITING FOR THE MONEY TO COME IN, THEN WORKING OUT HOW MUCH EBAY HAVE TAKEN OFF YOU, HE DOESN'T HAVE INTERNET,SO EVERYTHING GETS MIXED UP WITH MINE,THANKS JACK.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Much as Dedji1955 says.

This is Windows 8 but what I just did was:

Click on the image so it goes big and then click on Save (bottom right)

That opens it in a new tab and you do "right click" and "save image" into the Pictures folder.

Then right click on it in the Pictures folder and you can do "rotate right" or "rotate left".

Then you can just preview it and it will be the right way up.

Sounds a bit longwinded but once you have done it once . . . . 

Somebody might have a quicker way or give the exact commands on a Mac

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

here pete s  I've managed it

Jack

That's so funny. I was just keying in a new post "Ideal solution would be for Jack to rotate them and reupload" when your post popped up.

All's well that ends well. :D

MB

Social source share

Peter, even a dummy like me knew how to do that :D

I didn't know there was a save option and I could copy but couldn't get anything to launch because the Mac is in overdrive copying 10,000 tracks from one place to another, by the time I was able to do it, someone else did.  Which is what I wanted in the first place of course  :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

idea of their value.

I said I'd sell em but I am interested in buying them.  There's no high end rarities in there. Ray Merrell would have been the rarest but looks like it's a reissue.  Great as a proper UK collection though.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL. .The thing I liked in this thread was the issue of how to straighten up the list? how sad, still this was one of the few chances to get some classics cheap and the basis for a collection, shame the big stuff was missing, can't see why the big ones were missing, unless the seller removed them, how much did he get for them?? :huh: DAVE K

Social source share

hi, the big ones where never there, he sold his collection in the early eighties to a well known n/dj  these where his swaps that he forgot he had till we moved him into a bungalow, i found them in his loft.

HI ALL  that's a big shame as I have most things on UK 45 except for some 30 big ones, but it was still a good set of soul 45s cheers DAVE K

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!